We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) in the field of 6G wide distributed massive MIMO systems
- Wireless communication links between machines demand fundamentally new communication system properties such as low-latency, defined error probability, an interface to control algorithms and the ability to operate in challenging environments.
- As member of our multidisciplinary, international team , you will investigate wide distributed massive MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) systems as novel technology for future 6G cell free wireless communications systems.
- You will create wireless wave propagation models for wide distributed massive MIMO systems and calibrate/validate their outcome with channel sounding experiments in the 3GHz domain using software defined radio equipment.
- You will explore methods for phase coherent operation of a large number of wide distributed antenna elements for reliable wireless communications in time-critical scenarios.
- You will investigate signal processing methods for signal detection, taking spatial and temporal non-stationarities into account.
- You will actively engage in collaborative research activities with industry partners to explore 6G cell free designs.
- You will participate in national and international research projects.
- You will establish scientific collaboration inside and outside AIT.
- You will publish results in international conferences and journals.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Master’s in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field
- Knowledge in numerical simulation tools (Matlab, Python), software defined radio systems and 5G massive MIMO systems is a plus
- Ability to combine theoretical reasoning with practical applications and experimentations
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, readiness to acquire German language skills
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary with full-time employment according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/150517 , including CV, a short motivation letter and a transcript of your lectures taken.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Thomas Zemen, thomas.zemen(at)ait.ac.at
Researcher In Additive Manufacturing, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 8 hours ago
Published: 2021-06-24 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Stem Cell And Gene Editing Specialist In The Tissue Engineering Unit, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 4 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Biomedical Analyst In Stem Cell Based Cellular Therapy, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? At the division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Lanner laboratory is working towards novel treatments of Age-related macular degenerat...
W1 – „Computational Cell Analytics , Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Institution: Faculty for Mathematics and Computer Science Publication: 07.06.2021 Application Deadline: 11.07.2021 The Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Georg-August-University of...
Research Technician, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
You have a Bachelor of (Applied) Science (BSc) degree or Master of Science (MSc) (or equivalent) in a relevant biomedical field. You are experienced in cellular (cell culture, cell engineering, fl...
Specialist In Cell Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
Would you like to work on developing next-generation cell therapies for cancer immunotherapy? We are seeking a talented and experienced researcher for interdisciplinary projects involving the engi...