We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) in the field of 6G reflective intelligent surfaces
- Wireless communication links between machines demand fundamentally new communication system properties such as low-latency, defined error probability, an interface to control algorithms and the ability to operate in challenging environments.
- As member of our multidisciplinary, international team , you will investigate reflective intelligent surfaces (RIS) as novel technology for future 6G wireless communications systems in the millimeter wave (mmWave) frequency band.
- You will create wireless wave propagation models for RIS and calibrate/validate their outcome with practical channel sounding experiments in the mmWave domain using software defined radio equipment.
- You will establish a machine learning environment to control the RIS for highly reliable wireless communications in time-critical scenarios.
- You will optimize the RIS design with respect to power consumption, complexity, training overhead and cost.
- You will actively engage in collaborative research activities with industry partners to explore 6G RIS application scenarios.
- You will participate in national and international research projects.
- You will establish scientific collaboration inside and outside AI.
- You will publish results in international conferences and journals.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Master’s in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field
- Knowledge in numerical simulation tools (Matlab, Python), software defined radio systems and radio frequency millimeter wave design is a plus
- Ability to combine theoretical reasoning with practical applications and experimentations
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, readiness to acquire German language skills
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary with full-time employment according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,-- The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/150516 , including CV, a short motivation letter and a transcript of your lectures taken.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Thomas Zemen, thomas.zemen(at)ait.ac.at
Managing Director For Establishing And Leading The Scion Foundation , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term We are looking...
Core Labs Operations Science Writer & Editor, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 10 hours ago
Position Summary The Core Labs & Research Infrastructure (CL&RI) at KAUST is a shared research facility, comprising of 12 laboratories run by over 250 staff, with a mission to we deliver research ...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Stochastic Adaptive Control In Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
As part of DTU Compute’s strategic focus on AI-driven digitalization research, the section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute is looking for a talented researcher for a position as Assistant Pro...
Professor/Associate Professor Within The Area Of Smart Wireless Systems, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
About the position NTNU has a vacancy for permanent position at the Department of Electronic Systems (IES) at campus Gjøvik. Applicants at the Professor and Associate Professor levels are invited ...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Stochastic Adaptive Control In Energy Systems , Technical University of Denmark ;, Denmark, 18 days ago
As part of DTU Compute ’s strategic focus on AI-driven digitalization research, the section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute is looking for a talented researcher for a position as Assistant P...
Science Software Engineer Position, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
About the position We welcome applications for one science software engineer (senior engineer) position at the Department of Physics of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). T...