Your future responsibilities
- This PhD thesis aims at design and modelling of periodic, frequency-selective structures and metamaterials for millimeter-wave applications
- You will be working on the invention and utilization of passive or active wave-manipulating surfaces for the research fields communication, sensing, and radar
- Research on analytical and numerical solutions of the inverse metamaterial design problem (Python)
- Verification of evaluated designs through equivalent circuit models and full-wave simulation (HFSS)
- Build-up of demonstrators and over-the-air measurement setups
- Publication of the results at a conference or in a scientific journal
- Good knowledge of electrodynamics and optics
- Fundamental knowledge about wave scattering at periodic structures
- Basic knowledge of electric circuits and multi-ports
- Advanced coding skills (C++, Python)
- Experience in full-wave simulators as e.g. HFSS is a plus
- Experience in over-the-air measurement techniques
- Team player, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Start of your employment: as soon as possible.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 44.478.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) excluding bonus and depending on your experience and skills.
- Home Office possible.
- € 4.- /day food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- /day in supermarkets.
- Family- & Kids friendly.
- Free Coffee/Milk/Tee.
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS). Unfold the future, unfold yourself.
Hydraulic Power Take Off Ref. 185/2021 Ar, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 14 days ago
In recent decades, the latest generation of Wave Energy Converters (WEC) and Offshore Wind Systems (OWS) has reached such a development that it can also be implemented in ocean scenarios, where th...
Time Delay Interferometry Techniques In The Lisa Mission, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy, 16 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Floating Wind Systems Ref. 186/2021 Ar, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 14 days ago
Floating wind turbines represent a very promising technology in the field of renewable technologies: they allow the exploitation of vast areas of the sea at a great distance from the coast, charac...
Part Time Research Support, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 1 month ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...
Communications Officer,School Of Mechanical And Mats Eng, University College Dublin, Ireland, 23 days ago
Applications are invited for a Temporary post of a Communications Officer within UCD School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering Applications are invited for a Temporary post of a Communication...
Communications Officer,School Of Mechanical And Mats Eng, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Applications are invited for a Temporary post of a Communications Officer within UCD School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering I-Form, the SFI Research Centre for Advanced Manufacturing, was ...