As the largest institution of research and education in Upper Austria, the Johannes Kepler University Linz has over 20,000 enrolled students and 3,300 employees. The JKU’s four faculties offer over 70 academic degree programs. We are looking to strengthen our team and announce a job opening starting February 3, 2020, for a
Graduate Teaching Assistant
(must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree)
for a full-time, four-year position
at the LIT Cyber-Physical Systems Lab
Job Reference Number: 4014
- Independently work on scientific projects in the field of software engineering, focusing on software and system variability and software and system evolution, particularly in the area of cyber-physical systems
- Author scientific publications
- Present research findings at scientific conferences
- Cooperate with Austrian and international researchers/research groups and with industrial companies
- Actively take part in developing application-oriented software engineering research projects, including prototypes and demonstrators
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, or Electronics and Information Technology (or a corresponding discipline) or hold comparable academic qualifications
- Strong interest in the following areas: software engineering, software and system variability, software reuse, software and system evolution, cyber-physical systems, programming, scientific publications and presentations and software tools
- Expertise in software engineering (concept development, requirements engineering, system design, etc.) as well as implementing common programming languages
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) , proficiency in German is highly desired but not required
The minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is
€ 2,864.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1).
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Mag. Dr. Rick Rabiser,
P +43 732 2468 4363, E-mail: rick.rabiser @jku.at.
Application deadline: November 27, 2019.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal http://jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz.
Please include “Job Reference Number 4014” in your application.
Assistant Professorship (Non Tenure Track) In Management, With A Focus On The Future Of Work Or The Future Of Leadership , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 24 hours ago
Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics Assistant Professorship (non-tenure track) in Management, with a focus on the future of work or the future of leadership 100 % The Faculty of Busines...
Assistant Professorship In Applied Microeconomics , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 24 hours ago
Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics Assistant Professorship in Applied Microeconomics 100 % The Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics of the University of Zurich invites applic...
Postdoctoral Position In Mathematics, Applied Mathematics Or Statistics, Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Published: 2019-11-25 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to ...
Doctoral Candidate In Multilingualism: The Multilingual Workplace (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 2 hours ago
Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Linguistics or related disciplines of high quality. It is possible to apply if the respective degree is to be obtained soon (details to be given in the applicati...
Research Fellow In Engineering, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:497240 Work type:Full time Location:Tonsley Categories:College of Business, Government and Law Classification: Academic Level B Salary Range: $96,423 to $114,106 pa Employment Typ...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Electrical Machines And Electromagnetics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
"A Digital Approach for Enhanced Flexibility and Capability of Hydrogenators" About the position The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (IE) at the Norwegian University o...