As the largest institution of research and education in Upper Austria, the Johannes Kepler University Linz has over 20,000 enrolled students and 3,300 employees. The JKU’s four faculties offer over 70 academic degree programs. We are looking to strengthen our team and announce a job opening starting February 3, 2020, for a
Graduate Teaching Assistant
(must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree)
for a full-time, four-year position
at the LIT Cyber-Physical Systems Lab
Job Reference Number: 4014
- Independently work on scientific projects in the field of software engineering, focusing on software and system variability and software and system evolution, particularly in the area of cyber-physical systems
- Author scientific publications
- Present research findings at scientific conferences
- Cooperate with Austrian and international researchers/research groups and with industrial companies
- Actively take part in developing application-oriented software engineering research projects, including prototypes and demonstrators
- The successful candidate must hold a Diploma/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, or Electronics and Information Technology (or a corresponding discipline) or hold comparable academic qualifications
- Strong interest in the following areas: software engineering, software and system variability, software reuse, software and system evolution, cyber-physical systems, programming, scientific publications and presentations and software tools
- Expertise in software engineering (concept development, requirements engineering, system design, etc.) as well as implementing common programming languages
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) , proficiency in German is highly desired but not required
The minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is
€ 2,864.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1).
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Mag. Dr. Rick Rabiser,
P +43 732 2468 4363, E-mail: rick.rabiser @jku.at.
Application deadline: November 27, 2019.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal http://jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz.
Please include “Job Reference Number 4014” in your application.
3 Graduate Teaching And Research Assistant Positions In Marketing , Johannes Kepler University Linz ;, Austria, 13 days ago
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 21,000 y...
Cyber Security Lab Assistant, University of Advancing Technology, United States, about 22 hours ago
Do you have a passion for sharing Cyber Security knowledge? The University of Advancing Technology is currently recruiting for a part-time on-campus Lab Assistant to facilitate lab courses in our ...
Research Associate, Electrical Power Systems, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Key Responsibilities: Conduct research in modeling and simulation of a power transmission system Invest...
Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Research Fellow - 00D7P Description We are looking at outstanding applicants with strong experience in bioinspired robotics research and good publication list. Prior expertise with soft robotics o...
Ph.D. Student Position In Environmental And Resource Economics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 12 hours ago
04.08.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair Group of Production and Resource Economics at the TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan and the TUM School of Management offers a Ph.D. Studen...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Resilient Distributed Optimization And Control) / Tutkijatohtori ..., Tampere University, Findland, 3 days ago
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences create a unique environment for multidisciplinary, inspirational and high-impact research and education. Our universities community ha...