Data Scientist / Computational Biologist
Senior staff scientist (long-term)
University of Salzburg, Austria
The senior scientist will be part of the Computational Systems Biology group at the University of Salzburg. The young group and PI have developed innovative and interpretable computational models based on biological network knowledge to explain variations in big biological data, as published in recent high-impact publications.
The position is permanent and full-time (40h/week). The city of Salzburg is ranked among the top 25 small cities (MONOCLE magazine), with ample natural and cultural attractions as well as fast connections to Vienna and Munich. The University of Salzburg has 18 000 students, and a highly collaborative research environment in both biomedical and computational sciences.
- Development of methods combining network biology, statistics, and machine learning
- Analysis of multi-omics and single-cell data sets
- Development of databases and software packages
- Teaching, supervision of internships, co-supervision of graduate students
- Assistance with the organization of conferences and science communication
- Contributions to publications and grants
- Relevant doctoral degree (bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar)
- Publication experience in computational biology
- Experience with machine learning, statistics, and other quantitative sciences
- Extensive knowledge of the programming languages R and/or Python
- Good understanding of key biological concepts
- Excellent English skills, German is expected within a reasonable time frame
Additional relevant expertise
- Integrative analysis across multi-omics and single-cell data
- Machine learning algorithms or computational models of biological systems
- Expertise with immunology and cancer biology
Enthusiastic computational scientists who are motivated to ask systematic questions in biology are encouraged to apply. Please send your motivation letter (one to max. two pages), CV, and names of three reference contacts to email@example.com , providing the reference number “GZ A 0125/1-2021” in the subject line.
Application deadline: November 17th , 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!
Expert Technology Scientist And Institute Coordinator, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-795) Laatst aangepast : 17/11/2021 The KU Leuven Institute for Single-Cell Omics (LISCO) has a vacancy for a postdoctoral-level Expert-Technology Scientist and Institute Coordinator...
Scientist, Research Car T Cell Biology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Description: We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong background in preclinical CAR-T research, immunology and cell biology to join the Adicet Research Team. The ideal ca...
Bioinformatician For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw ro...
Expert Technology Scientist And Institute Coordinator, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 8 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-797) Laatst aangepast : 19/11/2021 The KU Leuven Institute for Single-Cell Omics (LISCO) has a vacancy for a postdoctoral-level Expert-Technology Scientist and Institute Coordinator...
Laboratory Technician (Laborant) Or Biomedical Laboratory Scientist (Bioanalytiker) For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
We are seeking a highly skilled laboratory technician (laborant) or biomedical laboratory scientist (bioanalytiker) to join the Single-Cell Omics platform starting March 1st, 2022 or after agreeme...
Single Cell Genomics – Computational Biologist, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 21 hours ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...