Data Scientist / Computational Biologist
Senior staff scientist (long-term)
University of Salzburg, Austria
The senior scientist will be part of the Computational Systems Biology group at the University of Salzburg. The young group and PI have developed innovative and interpretable computational models based on biological network knowledge to explain variations in big biological data, as published in recent high-impact publications.
The position is permanent and full-time (40h/week). The city of Salzburg is ranked among the top 25 small cities (MONOCLE magazine), with ample natural and cultural attractions as well as fast connections to Vienna and Munich. The University of Salzburg has 18 000 students, and a highly collaborative research environment in both biomedical and computational sciences.
- Development of methods combining network biology, statistics, and machine learning
- Analysis of multi-omics and single-cell data sets
- Development of databases and software packages
- Teaching, supervision of internships, co-supervision of graduate students
- Assistance with the organization of conferences and science communication
- Contributions to publications and grants
- Relevant doctoral degree (bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar)
- Publication experience in computational biology
- Experience with machine learning, statistics, and other quantitative sciences
- Extensive knowledge of the programming languages R and/or Python
- Good understanding of key biological concepts
- Excellent English skills, German is expected within a reasonable time frame
Additional relevant expertise
- Integrative analysis across multi-omics and single-cell data
- Machine learning algorithms or computational models of biological systems
- Expertise with immunology and cancer biology
Enthusiastic computational scientists who are motivated to ask systematic questions in biology are encouraged to apply. Please send your motivation letter (one to max. two pages), CV, and names of three reference contacts to email@example.com , providing the reference number “GZ A 0125/1-2021” in the subject line.
Application deadline: November 17th , 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!
Master Thesis: Single Cell Multi Omics And Crispr Screens To Uncover The Role Of Senescent Cells In Glioblastoma And Alzheimer’s (M/F/D), Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria, about 6 hours ago
Master thesis: Single-cell multi-omics and CRISPR screens to uncover the role of senescent cells in glioblastoma and Alzheimer’s (m/f/d) We are recruiting an ambitious master thesis student who w...
Senior Data Analyst To Integrate & Translate The Language Of Cells From Production Environments, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The department Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU-Biosustain) at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a Senior Data Analyst position to Integrate and...
Bioinformatician Next Generation Sequencing And Single Cell Applications (F/M) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 5 hours ago
Functional Genomics Center Zurich Bioinformatician Next Generation Sequencing and Single Cell Applications (f/m) 80-100 % The Functional Genomics Center Zurich (FGCZ) is a joint core facility of th...
Technician On Development Of Immunotherapy For Cancer, Faculty Of Health, Medicine And Life Sciences, School Grow Department Of Internal Medicine, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
We are looking for a technician to develop chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) natural killer (NK) cells and to study their application in breast cancer. NK cells are effector cells of our immune syst...
Project Leader Qc Cellular Therapies, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Function description The Project Leader QC Cellular Therapies will join the Quality Control (QC) laboratory of the Hospital Pharmacy of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Our work and research is f...
Data Scientist For Analysis Of Biological Sequences, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
We seek a curious, self-driven machine learning researcher interested in applying his/her skills to solve highly applied world-changing biological problems. Specifically, you will have an opportun...