Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 45,000* gross/year
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
IST Austria seeks to hire an experienced biochemist for its core molecular biology service. The facility currently provides molecular cloning, virus production and cell culture services. It is now being expanded to include protein expression, purification and characterization. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to build up the new protein services and to oversee the already existing operations.
- Work closely with research groups to plan experiments, communicate results, and provide analytical support
- Expression, purification and biophysical characterization of proteins
- Operate and maintain facility equipment
- Provide training and technical support to users
- Reliably document all procedures along QC standards
- Conceptualize and implement working processes/rules/guidelines/SOPs
- Advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a similar field
- Proven practical experience with designing protein purification strategies utilizing multiple chromatographic separation techniques
- Experience with biophysical characterization of proteins (e.g., MALS, DLS, DSF, MP, ITC, SPR, BLI, etc)
- High level of understanding and working knowledge of protein purification and characterization equipment
- Experience with molecular biology (cloning and cell culture) advantageous
- Excellent communications skills in English (written & spoken)
- Service-oriented working style with high conceptual and organizational skills
- Excellent team player who can also work independently
- Education & training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection .
Campus Services Support Employee For The Ist Austria And Error Bar, IST Austria, Austria, about 5 hours ago
Campus Services Support Employee for the IST Austria and Error Bar
Research Technician For Protein Biochemistry, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 12 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Adjunct Biology Instructor, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Description: Course: BIOL116 Mechanisms of Life II Laboratory 2 sections: Tuesday & Thursday at 2:10-4:50 pm The Adjunct will be asked to give the lecture portion of the lab ~30-45 minute...
Biological Technician , University of Alberta, Canada, 22 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Scientist Protein Chemistry, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Description: JOIN US! Encodia is a rapidly growing platform company that is developing a new generation of protein analysis tools based on single-molecule protein sequencing. Our goal is ...
Immune System Crosstalk, Engineering Innovative Biomaterials & Immunotherapies, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
University of Pennsylvania & Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Position Description: The MA LAB for immune engineering and translational immunology at the University ...