The Faculty of Technical Chemistry invites applications for an
Assistant Professorship - Tenure Track “Metabolomics”
in form of an initially fixed-term (6 years) tenure track position starting from 03.05.2021. The candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract.
The tenure-track position is affiliated to the Institute of Chemical Technologies and Analytics and the division Instrumental Analytics and Imaging Analytical Chemistry thereof. Duties include research and teaching in the field of Biochemistry, Omics Technologies and Mass Spectrometry. The focus of research should be on the Mass Spectrometry of Biomolecules and Metabolomics.
• Analytical biochemistry with a focus on metabolism and biotechnological and medical applications
• Analytics of biomolecules (metabolites, lipids, proteins)
• Mass spectrometry of metabolites and metabolomics
• Statistical and bioinformatic methods for the analysis and annotation of mass spectrometric data
• Organic chemical methods and their application for bioanalytics (derivatization methods, bio-orthogonal labeling)
• Cell culture, molecular biological and biochemical techniques
• Management and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for data analysis and storage
• The successful candidate will teach in classes and lab courses of the Bachelor and Master curricula Technical Chemistry (with a focus on bioanalytics and metabolomics). It is emphasized that currently the teaching in the Bachelor curriculum is in German language requiring appropriate language skills
• University Master and Doctoral degree or equivalent and proficiency in German and English
• Proven expertise in analytical biochemistry with a focus on metabolism and biotechnological and medical application thereof, in analytics of biomolecules (metabolites, lipids, proteins), in mass spectrometry of metabolites and metabolomics, in statistical and bioinformatic methods for the analysis and annotation of mass spectrometric data including programming skills (e.g. R, python, matlab), in organic chemical methods and their application for bioanalytics (derivatization methods, bio-orthogonal labeling), and in cell culture, molecular biological and biochemical techniques
• Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record (minimum 5 original publications as leading author), international reputation (national and international
research cooperation, conference presentations)
• Experience in evaluated academic teaching (classes and lab courses) and supervising or co-supervising of academic theses; advanced training in teaching and didactics
• Experience in designing and participating in research projects (preferentially competitive research grants, research projects including human samples (ethical approval, power analysis and determination of sample size), and applied research projects (patent applications)), willingness to acquire third-party funding
• Scientific activity abroad (minimum 6 months as postdoc)
• Willingness to adopt leadership positions within research as well as organizational areas; ability to organize and lead teams; exceptional communication skills.
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university (contact: email@example.com ).
The employment starts as University Assistant with a minimum salary of EUR 3,945.90 gross (14 x per year) according to the collective bargaining agreement for a PostDoc. After signing the qualification agreement, the employment is as Assistant Professor with a minimum salary of EUR 4,666.30 (14 x per year).
The application must contain:
• Motivation letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees (copies)
• List of scientific achievements and experience in teaching and training of young scientists
• Acquired third-party fund projects
• Concept for the future plans in research and teaching and contributions to scientific profile of the faculty respectively of the university
• Detailed competitive research program (state of the art, aims, methods – ca.10 pages), which can be submitted as research proposal to (inter)national research funding agencies timely after commencement of duties
• Two basic concepts of project ideas (ca. 2 pages each), substantiating and documenting further plans and potential regarding obtainment of competitive third-party funding
We look forward to receiving your application! The applications (as a single pdf) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 28 March 2021
Postdoctoral Position In Mass Spectrometry Based Proteomics (Method Development) , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Are you interested in joining a highly inspiring and dynamic research environment? A place where you can excel in science and apply your skills, while acquiring new ones. We strive to maintain a p...
Researcher Position In Metabolomics, Proteomics And Biomarker Discovery, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
DepartmentRECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline 30 Apr 2021 Start date upon agreement E-APPLICATION The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, announces an open competition for the...
Postdoctoral Researcher (F/M/D) In Proteomics – Mass Spectrometry , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 22 hours ago
24.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The research team of professor Stefan Lichtenthaler studies the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease, with a focus on microglia and cell surf...
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Job Id #143962), University of Illinois, United States, 4 days ago
Requirements: Applicants must have a Ph.D. Degree. Proficiency in specific lab research techniques is required as outlined below. Additional Qualifications: Expertise in any of the following are...
Technical Assistant In Mucosal Immunology (M/F/D), Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria, about 22 hours ago
Technical Assistant in Mucosal Immunology (m/f/d) The newly established laboratory of Clarissa Campbell at CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in V...
Research Assistant, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to improving human health? At the unit of Integrative Toxicology our research concerns areas that are central to toxicological risk assessment, from the perspectives of e...