- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Assistant Professor, University of Innsbruck, Tenure Track Code VWL-13119
The Department of Public Finance at the University of Innsbruck has an opening at the rank of Assistant Professor, tenure-track, to begin fall 2023 or after mutual agreement. The hired Assistant Professor will be part of the established research group in the Department of Public Finance. The department offers a dynamic environment, actively promotes research, and allocates resources based on international peer-reviewed research publications.
- From October 1, 2023
- For 6 years, a qualification agreement (tenure track) will be offered
- Department of Public Finance
Extent of employment:
- Independent research in the field of applied microeconomics
- Teaching and mentoring of students
- Contributions to the university self-administration are expected
- Completed PhD/doctoral degree in economics or a related discipline; Expertise in applied microeconomics as well as independent and high-quality research beyond the dissertation/PhD thesis in this field.
- A connection to the research fields of the Faculty of Economics and Statistics is desired.
- Independent high-quality teaching experience.
- Post-doc or other related employment history (for at least several months) after the PhD; Experience in third party funding (acquisition, management); Academic mobility (during/after PhD) and embedding in an international academic network.
- Basic knowledge of German (B2-level or the willingness to acquire this level in due course).
- Social competence and ability to work in teams; co-operation and communication skills to facilitate an interdisciplinary dialogue between science and society.
- Your application should include a cover letter, your CV (including a list of publications, presentations, acquired third-party funding, other scientific achievements, and teaching experience), one Job Market Paper, three reference letters (to be uploaded on econjobmarket.org), a teaching concept, teaching evaluations (if available), and a research concept for the first years on the job.
- An initial salary of € 4.062,00 p.m.* shall be offered for this position. In the following, the conclusion of the qualification agreement will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.599,60 p.m. * and the fulfilment of the agreed qualification objectives will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.987,20 p.m. * All mentioned salaries are monthly gross salaries, paid 14 times p.a. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en ). *as of 2022
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Assistant Professorship With Tenure Track In Computational Social Science With A Focus On Communication , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Communication and Media Research Assistant Professorship with Tenure Track in Computational Social Science with a Focus on Communication 100 % The University of Zurich invites applica...
Professorship In Applied Ethics , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Philosophy Professorship in Applied Ethics The University of Zurich invites applications for a professorship in applied ethics. The position should be filled by 1 August 2024. The fut...
Assistant Professorship In Quantitative Methods Of Intervention And Evaluation Research , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Department of Psychology Assistant Professorship in Quantitative Methods of Intervention and Evaluation Research 100 % The University of Zurich invites applications for an assistant professorship w...
Associate Professor Position (Promotion Track) In Neuroimmunology With A Focus On Neuroinflammation , University of Luxembourg ;, Luxembourg, 11 days ago
The University | About us... The University of Luxembourg aspires to be a world-class research university. It strives for excellence in both fundamental and applied research, and in education. It ...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorships In Microeconomics, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 3 days ago
The Department of Economics at Copenhagen Business School invites applicants for one or more tenure-track Assistant Professorship(s) in the field of microeconomics with a particular focus on areas...
Dizh Professorship In Digital Cultures And Arts , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Digitalization Initiative of the Zurich Higher Education Institutions DIZH-Professorship in Digital Cultures and Arts 100 % The University of Zurich invites applications for a DIZH professorship in...