- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
The jobholder will carry out high level research and specialise in a particular research field, teach independently, supervise students and carry out administrative tasks. During the first year of employment it is possible to conclude a "qualification agreement", which is equivalent to tenure track. If the terms of the qualification agreement are delivered, the jobholder will be promoted to Associate Professor with permanent employment.
- Research: Project-directed work in collaboration with the international scientific community, supported by independently acquired external funding aimed at high impact publishing; the jobholder is expected to write a postdoctoral thesis ("Habilitation"), focussing on the evolution of alpine plant populations, and to support long-term ecological research (LTER) projects
- Teaching: Teaching according to the curricula of the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Programme "Biology" and Master's Programme "Botany") and supervision of BSc and MSc research projects
- Administration: Contributing to administrative tasks at the Department and Faculty level
- PhD in Biology or converging sciences
- Scientific achievements beyond the PhD thesis
- Previous postdoc position or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with evolutionary research (genomics, molecular genetics, species distribution modelling) is essential; knowledge of experimental approaches (e.g., reciprocal transplantation experiments) is desirable
- Independent evolutionary research, ideally using alpine populations
- Excellent knowledge of the flora and vegetation of the Alps or comparable European mountain ranges
- Publications in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Mobility experience
- International scientific collaborations
- Physical aptitude to work in high alpine terrain and to lead excursions in alpine regions
- Experience with third party-funded research projects
- Experience with teaching and (co-)supervision of BSc and MSc students is desirable
- Experience in a non-university environment (for example, in conservation) is desirable
- Proficiency to teach courses in German within two years
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Resilience and flexibility
- High problem-solving competence
- The application must include a research concept and a teaching concept
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies in particular to scientific positions. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the disabled confidant Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Horticultural/Laboratory Technician , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
Plant- and Microbial Biology Horticultural/Laboratory Technician 80-100 % A position is available for a Horticultural/Laboratory Technician (80 - 100%) in the laboratory of Professor Cyril Zipfel ...
Clinical Assistant Professor Non Tenure Track For Cellular Immunotherapy, ETH, Switzerland, 26 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Job 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Other Salary CHF 0 / Entry date October 1, 2019 per Date Region Switzerland - Basel < 1 ...
Senior Scientist In Applied Mechanics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 3 days ago
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. It is renowned for its excellent education, its cutting-edge fundamental research and its efforts to p...
34487 Summer Studentship A New Breeding Platform For Kiwi Berry Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Description Kiwifruit is a dioecious plant, having separate male and female vines. At Plant & Food Research, the speed of the breeding program for new kiwifruit (Actinidia) and kiwi berry (A. argu...
Senior Scientist In Applied Mechanics, ETH, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Engineering Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 immediat...
Research Technician In Single Cell Genomics (100%), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 7 days ago
At the Department Biosystems Science and Engineering D-BSSE, experimental, computational biologists, and engineers work together in an interdisciplinary team in order to conduct comprehensive anal...