- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
The jobholder will carry out high level research and specialise in a particular research field, teach independently, supervise students and carry out administrative tasks. During the first year of employment it is possible to conclude a "qualification agreement", which is equivalent to tenure track. If the terms of the qualification agreement are delivered, the jobholder will be promoted to Associate Professor with permanent employment.
- Research: Project-directed work in collaboration with the international scientific community, supported by independently acquired external funding aimed at high impact publishing; the jobholder is expected to write a postdoctoral thesis ("Habilitation"), focussing on the evolution of alpine plant populations, and to support long-term ecological research (LTER) projects
- Teaching: Teaching according to the curricula of the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Programme "Biology" and Master's Programme "Botany") and supervision of BSc and MSc research projects
- Administration: Contributing to administrative tasks at the Department and Faculty level
- PhD in Biology or converging sciences
- Scientific achievements beyond the PhD thesis
- Previous postdoc position or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with evolutionary research (genomics, molecular genetics, species distribution modelling) is essential; knowledge of experimental approaches (e.g., reciprocal transplantation experiments) is desirable
- Independent evolutionary research, ideally using alpine populations
- Excellent knowledge of the flora and vegetation of the Alps or comparable European mountain ranges
- Publications in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Mobility experience
- International scientific collaborations
- Physical aptitude to work in high alpine terrain and to lead excursions in alpine regions
- Experience with third party-funded research projects
- Experience with teaching and (co-)supervision of BSc and MSc students is desirable
- Experience in a non-university environment (for example, in conservation) is desirable
- Proficiency to teach courses in German within two years
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Resilience and flexibility
- High problem-solving competence
- The application must include a research concept and a teaching concept
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies in particular to scientific positions. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the disabled confidant Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Professor For Implementation Science In Health Care , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
Faculty of Medicine Professor for Implementation Science in Health Care 100 % The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for the following academic position Professor...
Professorship In Film Studies , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
Department of Film Studies Professorship in Film Studies The University of Zurich invites applications for a professorship in film studies. The position should be filled by 1 August 2021. Candidat...
Professor Of Computational Biology (Department Of Biology) , ETH, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
The Department of Biology (www.biol.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for the above-mentioned position in the Institute of Molecular Systems Biology (www.imsb.ethz.ch ). Together with L...
Internship In Global Sustainable Development, ETH, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Job Type / Workload Non academic: Internship 80% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Administration / Public Authorities Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region ...
Researcher In Developmental Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and educat...
Assistant/Assistant Professor At The Department Of History Of State And Law, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of the History of the State and Law – Faculty of Law Deadline 6 Dec 2019 Start date from February 1, 2020 or by agreement The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, ...