- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
§ Habilitation (or in exceptional cases other defined qualification goals) in educational science with a focus on youth research, youth work research or youth welfare research. § Scientific research on adolescents and young adults from an educational and/or interdisciplinary perspective with possible focus on adolescent life situations, educational and transition processes or pedagogical practice with adolescents in contexts such as family, youth education, youth work or youth welfare. § Independent teaching to the extent of four, and after reaching the qualification agreement eight, semester hours per week in the above-mentioned focal points and in the area of methodological training in all study programmes of the faculty, primarily in the modules of the teaching and research area "Generation, Youth and Educational Research". § Supervision of students, of academic qualification papers and cooperation in the ongoing examination process. § Collaboration in the research facilities of the university and in the organisation of conferences, participation in the teaching and research area "Generation, Youth and Education Research" and in administrative tasks of the institute. Necessary academic qualifications:
- Doctoral thesis in the field of educational science or in a related field (e.g. psychology, sociology)
- Excellent knowledge and relevant scientific achievements in the field of youth, youth work and/or youth welfare research from an educational and/or interdisciplinary perspective. Reference to (social) pedagogical practice fields such as family pedagogy, youth education, youth work or youth welfare.
- Sound knowledge of the methodology and methods of quantitative and/or qualitative empirical social research. Experience in the field of quantitative research is highly desirable.
- Experience in participation in the area of third-party funding as well as mobility experience.
- Relevant professional and/or postdoc experience.
- Experience with relevant teaching in various teaching formats at university level (BA) and supervision of bachelor theses.
- Publications beyond the dissertation and in internationally refereed journals or specialist publications.
- Knowledge of German C1 level and English B2/C1 level according to CEFR; relevant computer skills.
- Sense of responsibility, independence, team and communication skills.
- A research concept (habilitation project, max. 8 pages) in the field of youth, youth work or youth welfare research and a teaching concept (max. 3 pages) must be submitted with the application. The three most important publications must be attached to the list of publications as pdf files.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Professor/Researcher; Associate Professor/Associate Researcher; Lecturer/Assistant Researcher In German Language And Literature , Beijing Foreign Studies University ;, China, 3 days ago
The School of German Studies was founded in March, 1950. Its German Language and Literature program is accredited to confer the Master’s degree and the PhD degree. It has been ratified as a Nation...
Clinical Social Worker, Msw, Licsw Trauma & Community Resilience Ctr, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 19 days ago
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical...
Professorship For General Anaesthesiology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
Department of Anaesthesiology Professorship for General Anaesthesiology 100 % The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for a Professorship for General Anaesthesiolog...
Professorship Hungarian Literature In European Context , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. The University of Vienna is a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes. We are committed to basic research that i...
Professorship For Pain Therapy And Outpatient Anaesthesiology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
Department of Anaesthesiology Professorship for Pain Therapy and Outpatient Anaesthesiology 100 % The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for a Professorship for Pa...
Professorship For Cardiothoracic And Vascular Anaesthesiology , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
Department of Anaesthesiology Professorship for Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesiology 100 % The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zurich invites applications for a Professorship for Ca...