- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Assistant Professor (full time, 6 years, with tenure-track option), Department of Political Science, starting on 1st of March 2021) Main tasks:
- engaging in research projects with experimental designs and/or on experimental methods in political science;
- participating in the research area on “Methodology and Methods in Political Science” at the Department of Political Science;
- teaching and supervising theses in the BA, MA, and PhD programs in Political Science at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences;
- participating in the activities of the research platform “Empirical and Experimental Economics”, “Organizations & Society“, and/or other research platforms and areas of the University of Innsbruck;
- participating in (inter)national professional networks in the field of political science (e.g. ÖGPW, ECPR, EPSA);
- contributing to academic administration.
- PhD in political science or related disciplines;
- excellent knowledge of research designs and methods in political science;
- research projects with experimental designs and/or on experimental methods in political science, demonstrated through publications in subject-relevant journals with (double-blind) peer review and listing in the Web of Science;
- relevant academic achievements beyond the PhD thesis;
- several months of professional experience as a post-doc researcher;
- experience in the application for and the implementation of third-party-funded projects;
- experience in post-graduate academic mobility;
- didactic competence (demonstrated by student evaluations);
- social competence;
- proficiency (C1) in English and German (or the willingness to teach in German within a five-year period);
- applications have to include comprehensive research and teaching concepts;
- applications have to include the names and contact details of at least two referees.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Professor/Researcher; Associate Professor/Associate Researcher; Lecturer/Assistant Researcher In German Language And Literature , Beijing Foreign Studies University ;, China, 3 days ago
The School of German Studies was founded in March, 1950. Its German Language and Literature program is accredited to confer the Master’s degree and the PhD degree. It has been ratified as a Nation...
Computer Science (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 20 hours ago
FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure is an internationally leading provider of scientific information and services. We provide patent and research information for scien...
Clinician Scientist, Helmholtz, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Requirements: We are looking forward to receive applications from highly motivated 3rd to 4th year residents in internal medicine, hematology and oncology. Applicants should hold an MD with a trac...
Scientist Position (Data Analysis Of Microbial Communities) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 20 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde (IOW) offers a part time fixed term Scientist position (data analysis of microbial communities) (m/f/d) starting on January 18t, 2021 (20 h...
Director, Gta Archives , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 1 hour ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, temporary The Institute for t...
Professor Or Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Of Security, Privacy And Society (Department Of Humanities, Social And Political Sciences) , ETH, Switzerland, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences (D-GESS, www.gess.ethz.ch ) at ETH Zurich invites applications for the above-mentioned position (open rank). The successful candidate is...