Starting date: Negotiable between March 1, 2021 and August 1, 2021
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a full-time Academic Technologist position.
The Academic Technologist reports to the Director of the CTL and serves as a technical expert on supported platforms. Furthermore, as a member of the CTL team, the Academic Technologist collaborates with CEU faculty and advanced doctoral students (Teaching Assistants) across a variety of disciplines and programs to develop blended and/or online learning experiences. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has a learning-centered design approach grounded in the substantial understanding of higher education pedagogies, focuses on user experience, cares for accessibility, and explores creative approaches to using technology in support of pedagogical goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with the CTL team and CEU faculty on projects related to the implementation of technology-supported teaching enhancements.
- Collaborate with the CTL team and other CEU members in the development and launch of blended and/or online courses and digital learning assets.
- As required, provide training or individual consultations to CEU members in online and digital technologies.
- Create and/or modify visual design graphics used for course layouts.
- Design course layouts and pages with focus on user experience and accessibility.
- Collaborate in the development of work-flow processes and style guides.
- Lead and manage relationships with external vendors including creating and managing budgets and scope of work.
- Continually monitor developments and innovations related to effective and innovative use of technology within higher education and related markets.
- Conduct targeted market scans of technology solutions when project-based or faculty-initiated needs arise.
- Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Ideally three years of experience in designing and developing digital learning assets.
- Ideally three years of experience in programming blended and/or online learning experiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated technical experience developing, deploying and supporting courses in current learning management systems (Moodle and Canvas preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with graphic art programs, like Adobe Creative Suite; and with sound capture and editing, and video production and post-production.
- Demonstrated experience with learning analytics and evaluation.
Additional qualifications that would represent an advantage:
- Master’s in Education in addition to a degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience providing training or individual consultations in a higher education environment.
- Additional years of experience in designing, developing and using online learning technologies in teaching and learning in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience with Data Science tools (such as Rstudio and Jupyter Notebooks) or a desire to learn.
The appointment will be in Vienna. Occasional consultations and project meetings might be required also in Budapest.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply:
Please visit https://www.ceu.edu/job/academic-technologist-0 for important information on job requirements and details on how to apply.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria .
For more information about CEU and the Center, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/ , https://ctl.ceu.edu/ .
Senior Program Manager, Osun Threatened Scholars Integration Initiative, Central European University, Hungary, about 5 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Yehuda Elkana Center for Higher Education E-mail: email@example.com Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Star...
Program And Administrative Assistant, Osun Ex Ed Hub, Central European University, Hungary, about 5 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline date: February 1, 2021 Starting date: As soon as possible Central European University (CEU) and th...
Employee Service Coordinator, Central European University, Hungary, about 5 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Budapest Status: Full-time Unit: Human Resources Office E-mail: email@example.com Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soo...
Manager, Instructional Design Digital Education, Center For Learning And Teaching (Clt), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Reports to: Associate Director Digital Education, CLT Purpose: Under the supervision of the associate director for digital education, this position entails leading teams of CLT staff, and studen...
Staff Position Manager, Instructional Design Digital Education, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 17 hours ago
About The American University in Cairo: Founded in 1919, AUC moved to a new 260-acre state-of-the-art campus in New Cairo in 2008. The university also operates in its historic downtown facilities...
Instructional Design Senior Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Univ...