Work type:full time
Categories:Campus / facilities management
- Exciting opportunity to join the UWA Safety and Health team at the University of Western Australia. Be part of a team leading proactive improvements to the WHS framework leading the development of UWA’s safety and health documentation.
- Full-time, fixed term appointment until February 2024
- Base salary range: Level 7 $ 92,679 – $ 102,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
Campus Management is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and managing the University’s campus and property portfolio to support teaching, research, and campus life. Campus Management delivers a range of university-wide services including strategic planning, property management, facilities operations, major projects and developments, sustainability, landscape, security, and transport.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, lead in the development and writing of UWA’s safety and health documentation i.e. policies, procedures, guidelines and templates etc. and related training materials. You will be expected to develop safety and health documentation and training materials in line with UWA’s Safety Management System (SMS) Framework requirements as aligned to AS / NZS ISO 45001. You will work with University Heads of School, Heads of Research Groups and Business Unit Directors and their management lines to understand their needs to lead in developing organisation wide safety documentation and training materials that are able to be applied in local work areas to embed safe systems of work. In addition, you will work collaboratively with the Safety & Health Admin Officer in maintaining UWA’s S&H website and SharePoint intranet webpages to ensure key safety information is readily available, up to date and reviewed regularly as per continuous improvement, document control and records management requirements.
- Demonstrated experience writing WHS procedure and guideline documents.
- Relevant Occupational Safety and Health qualifications and experience.
- Previous experience managing WHS content on digital platforms is desirable.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferably postgraduate qualifications in occupational safety and health, science, health, engineering or similar; or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment Certificate III or IV Information and Technology
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the principles and legislation related to workplace safety as it applies to the University
- Substantial experience with developing, writing and implementing safety and health documentation in accordance with the requirements outlined in: AS / NZS 4801, OHSAS 18001; and ideally some experience in AS / NZS ISO 45001 standards
- Substantial experience in the use of technology and online training software programs to design, develop and as necessary code training and competency materials that embed a proactive workplace safety culture and foster continuous improvement
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines to ensure completion
- Exceptional high level interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to coach key stakeholders in a collaborative, consultative and outcomes-focused manner and as necessary guide dispute resolution
- WHS Auditor Qualification is desirable
Note: A current ‘C’ Class driver’s licence and a Current National Police Clearance Certificate are a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Work, Health and Safety (WHS) Policy and Training Adviser 513673.docx
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on 15th February 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Mepham on (08) 6488 9111 or at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:31 Jan 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:15 Feb 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Lecturer, Entrepreneurship And Innovation, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
20 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Clinical Trial Coordinator, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Lecturer Complex Systems, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austra...
Lecturer (Wacrh, Public Health Medical Registrar), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Medical sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) C...
Senior Research Coordinator, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...