Job Reference: 1071160
The School of Design and the Built Environment (DBE)
The School of Design and the Built Environment (DBE) in the Faculty of Humanities embraces study that challenges and empowers students and staff to engage in taking informed action toward achieving brighter human futures in the domains of Sustainable, Global, Indigenous, and Learning Futures. The School of DBE is committed to developing deep partnerships with the communities and industries we serve. Ranking in the top 100 in the world for Architecture and Built Environment (QS 2022), the School of DBE spans disciplines in architecture and construction management, geography, urban and regional planning, and the creative industries along with the Curtin Sustainability Policy Institute (CUSP).
Your new role
An opportunity exists for a WIL Industry Coordinator to join our dynamic and skilled team within the School of Design and the Built Environment (DBE).
This is a varied role, where you will be involved in successfully leading and managing the School’s Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program operations.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main point of contact regarding student mobility program queries.
- Partnering with a range of stakeholders including Academics, WIL Industry Partners, Curtin’s Global Mobility Team, and the School Leadership team.
- Developing strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as maintaining existing relationships.
- Providing sound advice to students and partner institutions regarding the School’s WIL and mobility programs.
- Developing and finalising WIL contractual agreements with industry partners.
- Constantly monitoring the program against key performance indicators and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Actively furthering awareness of the WIL and mobility opportunities via various communication methods.
- Completion of a relevant degree within Communications, Marketing or Business Administration with relevant experience or a combination of experience and/or education/training.
- Project management skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and implement program activities to achieve desired outcomes.
- The ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people and with cross cultural sensitivity;
- High level of organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- The ability to work efficiently in a team environment as well autonomously.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making abilities with an agile mindset.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Shaun Major, School Business Manager, School of Design and the Built Environment on 0425 631 867.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
To apply, please provide a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 10PM AWST, Wednesday 24th May 2023.
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment.
Senior School Officer (Wil Placements), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
$75,821 to $84,254pa (HEW 5) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND LAW JOONDALUP CAMPUS $75,821 - $84,254 (HEW 5) PLUS 17% SUPER ...
Director, Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 3 days ago
29 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Application Deadline 22 Oct 2023...
Manager, Careers And Experiential Learning, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 23 days ago
Job no:515408 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Teaching support and design Full-time ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 9 - $123,330 - $130,504 plus 17% superannuation The Univ...
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...
Senior Laboratory Technician Open To Ecu Staff Only, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 16 days ago
$75,821 to $84,254 pa (HEW 5) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights OPEN TO ECU STAFF ONLY SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCI...
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 26 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...