Work type:full time
Categories:Student Administration / Support Services
- Level 6, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months
- Base salary range: $87,460 – $92,430 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Division of Student Life sits within the UWA Education Portfolio, overseen by the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Education. Together with the Division of Student Accommodation and Community, Student Life plays an integral role in the shared strategic goal of providing a world-class student experience.
The Student Wellbeing and Engagement teams facilitates a high-quality student experience through the provision of integrated and comprehensive services. The Wellbeing team is responsible for the delivery of the UWA Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework focusing on opportunities for early intervention and timely access to low barrier services. Student Wellbeing has four broad areas of Counselling services; early intervention services and cohort initiatives in Student Wellbeing; Student Engagement and the provision of a contemporary onboarding experience and the creation of a Respectful and Safer Communities team, as a priority strategic initiative.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will, under broad direction, work closely with College Row and across Student Life to provide specialist support to students impacted by sexual assault/harassment, or at a perceived risk of harm to self or others, or displaying concerning behaviour and/or experiencing mental health challenges. College Row includes both university owned and affiliated college residences supporting the academic, social, cultural and wellbeing of 2500 students.
You will be an integral part of a supportive, dynamic and high functioning team and play a key role in supporting residential students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Current registration/eligible for registration with an associated professional organisation such as Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW); PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia); or ACA (Australian Counselling Association)
- Demonstrated relevant experience working with and responding to disclosures of sexual assault/harassment, and family and domestic violence at an appropriate level
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health support including suicide crisis and risk assessment and intervention
- Experience in the delivery of programs, training and initiatives aimed at community education.
Note: A current National Police Clearance (NPC) and Working with Children Check is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Wellbeing Adviser, College Row.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 19 November 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Sally Stott at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:03 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:19 Nov 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Workshop Technical Assistant / Instructor, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Research Associate (Astrophotonics), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 10 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Countr...
Wellbeing Adviser, The Living Room, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
$88,973 to $95,993 pa (Pro-rata 80%) (HEW 6) Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-term (12 months), Joondalup campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights WELLBEING ADVISOR, THE LIVING ROOM ACCES...
Associate Dean Regional, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
$160,672 to $176,649 pa (Level D); or $205,952 pa (Level E) Full time, South West (Bunbury) campus School of Nursing and Midwifery ASSOCIATE DEAN REGIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY Number 1 ...
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
$134,035 to $154,013(ALEVC); or $160,672 to $176,649 (ALEVD) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOC...
Travel Facilitator, Curtin University, Australia, 4 days ago
Job Reference: 1184124 Your new role Are you looking for a corporate travel role with a difference? Curtin University has an exciting and rare opportunity for a travel facilitator to join our team...