Job no: 0058617
Location: Werribee Campus. Melbourne, Australia
Role type: Full time; Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Science
Department/School: Melbourne Veterinary School
Salary: Level A – $77,171 - $104,717 p.a. plus 17% superannuation (pension)
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
The City of Melbourne is recognised as Australia’s cultural capital with a number of world-class galleries and museums, internationally renowned food and wine regions, and an impressive year-round calendar of events catering for all tastes. It is no surprise that Melbourne has won the title of one of the most livable cities for six consecutive years and continues to attract residents from all over the world.
About the Faculty of Science
Science at Melbourne is a global leader across fundamental and impactful scientific research and education. Science begins with curiosity, and we are dedicated to understanding the universe from the level of sub-atomic particles to the solar system. We aim to be leaders who positively impact the community locally and globally, addressing major societal issues from climate change to disease. Our discoveries help build an understanding of the world around us.
About the Role
The Veterinary Tutor, Small Animal Clinical Studies (Primary Care) will provide quality teaching and clinical service at the University of Melbourne’s Melbourne Veterinary School. The position will work under the support and guidance of more senior academic staff, with an increasing degree of autonomy, and will also be required to work as part of a team.
The Veterinary Tutor will provide mentoring and teaching in the areas of Primary Care and cognate fields, which will include the delivery of formal didactic teaching, clinical teaching, preparation of teaching materials and clinical services. The position will actively participate in leadership and service both within and outside the University and broader veterinary sector and will be an effective member of the School, Faculty and partnering practice levels as appropriate.
This position will be primarily located at the Werribee campus of the University of Melbourne but will be expected to teach and to attend meetings, seminars and conferences at other campuses or facilities such as Lost Dogs Home from time to time.
- Contributing to innovative clinical teaching and assessment by conducting tutorials, classes, practical demonstrations, marking and assessment and laboratory-based and clinical based workshops, which may extend to support in preparation of lectures, individual consultations and the provision of online resources
- Acting as a role model and mentor for veterinary students, interns, residents and demonstrate a student-centred approach
- Providing support for DVM4 workplace integrated learning (clinical rotations) through provision of student inductions, clinical rounds, mentoring students, being a point of contact for students and staff employed by commercial partners in distributed sites, collating and delivering formative and summative feedback to students
- Assisting in curriculum design and development of learning materials and identify appropriate approaches to teaching within the discipline
You will have demonstrated experience in clinical teaching under limited supervision and, under guidance and support from more senior staff, will seek collaborative opportunities within the University and external veterinary partners. You will possess a high level organisational skills and record keeping capabilities as well as well as demonstrated ability to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a busy environment. You will also have the capacity to provide quality and innovative teaching and learning and to supervise undergraduate, graduate diploma and honours students.
You will also have:
- An awarded Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent veterinary degree registrable in Victoria with demonstrated relevant experience as a Veterinarian
- Recent experience and ability in Primary Care including within Shelter Medicine clinical service and teaching
- Demonstrated experience in small animal veterinary clinical practice and proven ability to manage a challenging and varied caseload
- Well-developed interpersonal and skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and clients, external stakeholders and an ability to tailor information to different audiences in a diverse environment
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to deliver high-quality teaching outcomes
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Applications close: 14 MARCH 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Tafe Sessional Teacher Western Melbourne English Program (Wmep, Victoria University, Australia, 4 days ago
Job Description About Us: Victoria University (VU) Polytechnic is the vocational education (TAFE) division of Victoria University which offers job ready qualifications, upskilling and reskilling f...
Student Advice Officer, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus About the Role As the Student Advice Officer an...
Senior Research Scientist Food Macromolecules, CSIRO, Australia, about 13 hours ago
• Within broad guidelines, use professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience and achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved suite of client and ...
Senior Coordinator, Access And Inclusion, Deakin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Apply now Job no:537001 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Management, Student Services Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing HEW 8 - $105,612 - ...
Trusts & Foundations Associate, Deakin University, Australia, 10 days ago
Apply now Job no:535613 Work type:Full-time Location:Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Administration, Marketing and Communications Based at our Geelong, Waterfront Campus or Melbourn...
Lecturer In Spanish, Deakin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Apply now Job no:534860 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Arts, Education Melbourne Burwood Campus Full-time and fixed term until 31 May 2024 Level B $104,619 - $123,739 ...