The purpose of the scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian student commencing an undergraduate degree at UTS, who has the potential to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and her community.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
One (1) new recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $60,000 to each Recipient. The maximum duration of the scholarship is three (3) years.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Be female; and
- Be commencing any undergraduate degree during the calendar year the Scholarship is awarded; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
Submission of a written statement (maximum 500 words) covering the following three core selection criteria:
- Likelihood that the receipt of the scholarship will increase the Recipient’s ability to complete the UTS degree at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case.
- Initiative and participation in extra-curricular and non-academic activities
- One example from their life experience, either as an observer, an instigator or as a recipient, as to how positive change is best implemented effectively, and why some best efforts fall short of their intended outcome.
The three core criteria are equally weighted.
- Additionally, preference may be given to applicants that have experienced any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- Financial hardship/low socio-economic status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Disability/Long-term medical condition or ongoing effects of abuse
NOTE: Students wishing to evidence any of these above criteria should provide an additional personal statement (maximum 150 words) describing their financial and/or educational disadvantage.
Opening date: 01 August 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Webpage:Scholarships at UTS
Fisher Funds Management Ltd & Nz Shareholders Association Research Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced NOTE: Closing date has been extended to 31 October 2008. 1. Purpose The Fisher Funds Management Ltd and New Zealand Shareholders Association Scholarsh...
Nz Sheep Industry Postgraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Closing date: to be announced This scholarship will be offered annually by Meat and Wool Innovation Ltd to assist students of high academic calibre to undertake a masterate programme that will pro...
Zonta/Building Research Award, Massey University, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Closing date: to be announced The Zonta Club of Wellington and Building Research are pleased to offer the 2008 ZONTA/BUILDING RESEARCH Award. This is a new Award established in 2003 to further the...
College Of Business Doctoral Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced Closing date: 1st October each year. 1.Purpose The College of Business Doctoral Scholarship is the premier scholarship offered in the College of Busin...
Massey University Focus Doctoral Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Closing date: to be announced lease Note: All applicants for the Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarships. The Vice Chancellor's Scholarships a...
Harris Stratex Networks Graduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced Harris Stratex Networks is a successful hi-tech company that designs and manufactures telecommunications products for the global cellular and wireless...