The purpose of the scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian student commencing an undergraduate degree at UTS, who has the potential to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and her community.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
One (1) new recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $60,000 to each Recipient. The maximum duration of the scholarship is three (3) years.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Be female; and
- Be commencing any undergraduate degree during the calendar year the Scholarship is awarded; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
Submission of a written statement (maximum 500 words) covering the following three core selection criteria:
- Likelihood that the receipt of the scholarship will increase the Recipient’s ability to complete the UTS degree at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case.
- Initiative and participation in extra-curricular and non-academic activities
- One example from their life experience, either as an observer, an instigator or as a recipient, as to how positive change is best implemented effectively, and why some best efforts fall short of their intended outcome.
The three core criteria are equally weighted.
- Additionally, preference may be given to applicants that have experienced any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- Financial hardship/low socio-economic status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Disability/Long-term medical condition or ongoing effects of abuse
NOTE: Students wishing to evidence any of these above criteria should provide an additional personal statement (maximum 150 words) describing their financial and/or educational disadvantage.
Applications for this Scholarship for 2018 will open in December.
Opening date: 01 August 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Webpage:Scholarships at UTS
Woolf Fisher First In Family Aut Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 11 hours ago
Closing date: 02/04/2018 Value of Award: Full tuition fees plus student services levies No. of awards: Up to thirteen. Tenure: Up to three years of full-time undergraduate study in a degree progra...
School Of Hospitality And Tourism / Nztri Doctoral Scholarships, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 11 hours ago
Closing date: 15/10/2018 15 October Value of Award: $10,000 stipend• Tuition fees• Student Services Levy No. of awards: A maximum of three Tenure: The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of one y...
Postgraduate Research Scholarship In Heat Waves And Vulnerable Populations, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: The Scholarship is funded by a grant from the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage Human Health and Social Impacts Node Title: Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Heat Waves and V...
Postgraduate Research Scholarship In Magnetic Resonance Guided Radiotherapy, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: Sydney Medical School Title: Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Magnetic Resonance Guided Radiotherapy Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A uni...
The John D. And Dagnija Balmford Travel Grant, University of Melbourne, Australia, 1 day ago
The John D. and Dagnija Balmford Travel Grant This grant has been made available through the generosity of John D. and Dagnija Balmford to support financially disadvantaged 2nd or 3rd year student...
Faculty Of Culture And Society Masterate Fee Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 11 hours ago
Closing date: 14/11/2018 Value of Award: Tuition and student fees (120pts) No. of awards: Determined annually Tenure: The tenure for the scholarships will be one year only. There is no automatic r...