The purpose of the scholarship aims to support a female Indigenous Australian student commencing an undergraduate degree at UTS, who has the potential to be an effective and energetic agent for positive change in both her chosen career and her community.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
One (1) new recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $60,000 to each Recipient. The maximum duration of the scholarship is three (3) years.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Be female; and
- Be commencing any undergraduate degree during the calendar year the Scholarship is awarded; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
Submission of a written statement (maximum 500 words) covering the following three core selection criteria:
- Likelihood that the receipt of the scholarship will increase the Recipient’s ability to complete the UTS degree at a higher level of performance than would otherwise be the case.
- Initiative and participation in extra-curricular and non-academic activities
- One example from their life experience, either as an observer, an instigator or as a recipient, as to how positive change is best implemented effectively, and why some best efforts fall short of their intended outcome.
The three core criteria are equally weighted.
- Additionally, preference may be given to applicants that have experienced any long-term educational barriers and/or personal hardship including:
- Financial hardship/low socio-economic status
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer responsibilities
- Disability/Long-term medical condition or ongoing effects of abuse
NOTE: Students wishing to evidence any of these above criteria should provide an additional personal statement (maximum 150 words) describing their financial and/or educational disadvantage.
Applications for this Scholarship for 2018 will open in December.
Opening date: 01 August 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Webpage:Scholarships at UTS
Associate Director Of Learning Resource Center , PRINCE MOHAMMAD BIN FAHD UNIVERSITY, Saudi Arabia, about 4 hours ago
Associate Director of Learning Resource Center Department: Learning Resource Center Reports to: Director of Learning Resource Center The Associate Director of the Learning Resource...
Prss In Human Genome Editing, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: PRSS in Human Genome Editing Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: This Scholarship is available for PhD stud...
Professor In Statistics , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced academic mentor specialising in statistics, to join a vibrant and supportive school within the Faculty of Science. A fully accomplished scholar i...
Csiro/Data61 Postgraduate Research Stipend And Supplementary Scholarship In Digital Agriculture, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: CSIRO/Data61 Postgraduate Research Stipend and Supplementary Scholarship in Digital Agriculture Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgradua...
Prs In Muscle Wasting And Muscular Dystrophy, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: PRS in Muscle Wasting and Muscular Dystrophy Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: An opportunity is availabl...
Faculty Opportunity Bursary (Faculty Of Business And Economics), University of Melbourne, Australia, 3 days ago
Faculty Opportunity Bursary (Faculty of Business and Economics) Available through the generosity of an alumnus donor, the Faculty Opportunity Bursary is awarded annually to an Australian citizen o...