.Job reference: 997916
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Curtin’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is a place where students and staff alike can apply their studies and research to real-world industry challenges. It is involved in a variety of high impact teaching and research initiatives across several schools including Mechatronics Engineering in the School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Mechatronic Engineering is a “fusion” of mechanical devices and electronic control systems. With the ever-increasing reach of robotics and autonomous systems, Mechatronic Engineering becomes the pivotal foundation of innovation in various industries such as aerospace, agriculture, biotechnology mining and energy resources.
Curtin Mechatronics Engineering discipline has become a dynamic 'ecosystem' - constantly evolving and adapting in response to changes to industry requirements and technological advancements.
To find out more about the faculty, please visit: https://www.curtin.edu.au/about/learning-teaching/science-engineering/
Your new role
As a Technical Officer – Mechatronics Engineering, you will primarily support Mechatronics Engineering Laboratories and provide technical instructions, support and associated services for teaching and/or research programs.
You will play an important role in ensuring that occupational health and safety regulations and specific statutory requirements related to the area’s activities are followed.
You will liaise with the Technical Operations Coordinator (Mechatronics Engineering) and ensure laboratories operations are properly resourced and develop improvements of laboratory practical and provide guidance on best practice for lab processes.
To support research activities, you will assist in preparing and conducting tests, identify faults and troubleshoot equipment, problem solve and develop solutions for testing protocols, calibrate and maintain testing equipment.
Duties of your role will include:
- Providing technical support for teaching and research activities in the discipline of Mechatronics Engineering, including installation, calibration, maintenance and setup of electrical systems, measuring instruments and other specialised electronics and software systems
- Maintenance of general and specialized laboratories and equipment, including undertaking safety checks, servicing and electrical repairs
- Training staff, undergraduate and postgraduate students in the procedures and use of laboratory equipment, instruments and apparatuses
- Ensuring staff and students can safely perform their duties, especially when working with potential electrical hazards or where specific safe techniques are required for a process and to intervene when unsafe procedures are identified
- Development of Plant Risk Assessments (PRA) and Safe Work Procedures (SWP)
You will be qualified to a bachelor or diploma level in Electrical Engineering or obtain a post-trades certificate or advanced trade certificate and extensive experience as a technician. You will also be required to have a WA Grade A electrical workers licence and a working knowledge of AS 3000, AS 3008, and AS 2067.
Furthermore, you will have the following experience:
- Working with lithium battery HVDC and battery management systems
- PLC configuration, networks, and ladder logic programming, having knowledge of pneumatic systems
- PCB design software, preferably Altium Designer
- Microprocessor programming using C/C++ programming language
- Object oriented programming languages (Python, VS C# etc.)
- Mechanical designs using computer aided software (preferably Solidworks)
- PLC/SCADA systems, Industrial Communications Protocols, Pneumatic systems and Ladder Logic programming
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Karen Haynes, Technical Manager on 08 9266 2623.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, generous superannuation, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus also includes an art gallery, gym, childcare, medical centre, and endless food options.
For more information on our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter, to allow us to assess your suitability for this role
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: Tuesday, 29th November 2022 9pm AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Work, Health And Safety Policy And Training Adviser, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:513673 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Exciting opportunity to join the UWA Safety and Health team at the University of West...
Earth Observation Specialist Synthetic Aperture Radar (Sar), The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia, 21 days ago
Acknowledgement of Country CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection...
Student Advisers, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
$69,152 to $73,652 pa pro rata (HEW 4) 1 x Full-time Fixed-term (to 29 December 2023), and various Part-Time and Full-Time Casual Contracts Open to candidates with the relevant work rights STUDENT...
Senior Research Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:513354 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Science School of Molecular Sciences Contribute to innovating viticulture in northern Australia Full-time appointme...
Telephone Room Supervisor, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 20 days ago
Fixed term, Part-time, Joondalup Open to candidates with relevant work rights EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY (ECU) SURVEY RESEARCH CENTRE SCHOOL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES JOONDALUP CAMPUS FIXED TERM,...
Solutions Architect, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 16 days ago
Job no:513425 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Information Technology University IT An opportunity to shape the digital future of WA’s leading University by bringing your architec...