- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time fixed term contract until 29/03/2024
- Role is open to UniSA Employees or Aboriginal peoples only
About the Role
Reporting to the Director: Future Industries Institute (FII), you will provide technical advice related to the operation and maintenance of the Testlab equipment including hands on equipment maintenance, equipment and tool calibration, and coordination of maintenance services by external providers. You will update and maintain records associated with the supply of chemicals and reagents, provide technical advice to existing and new clients on the design, and execution, of complex experiments and tooling modifications, and complex problem solving for issues arising from Testlab projects, and provide expert technical advice in the preparation of quotations/reports for Testlab research and consultancy projects.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The Future Industries Institute brings together world-class strength in high-tech manufacturing, nanomedicine, minerals and resource engineering plus environmental science, with the end goal of building economic growth through innovative partnerships and translational research. The Institute builds on the significant capability, infrastructure and reputation of the University’s existing research strengths and substantial research infrastructure and supports state and national research priorities.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A tertiary qualification, or significant industrial laboratory experience, in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. science/engineering/chemistry/electrical/IT)
- Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance and repair of specialised 3D printing laboratory equipment, including the safe storage, handling and use of reagent and chemicals
- Demonstrated expertise in CAD and CAM as well as experience with working with industry to solve complex industrial problems.
- Demonstrated engineering and analytical skills appropriate to effectively problem solve and support for a diverse group of users
- Highly developed diagnostic skills with demonstrated experience in applying theoretical knowledge to conceptual design
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice WHS principles and procedures
- Highly developed organisational skills to manage multiple priorities and projects within tight timelines whilst working independently and as a member of a team
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only.
Please address your cover letter to Amra Delibasic, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4879.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 12 February 2023
To be eligible to apply for internal positions, you must either identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person, or be a current UniSA continuing, fixed-term or casual staff member at the time the position is advertised and have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of the appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Ref 1582/23 Compliance Administration Officer, Placements Hub, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $54,725 to $61,889 pro rata rates Part-Time (0.6 FTE), Fixed-Term position for 2.5 months About Western Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll ...
Marketing And Communications Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Part time (0.6 FTE), fixed term until 30th June 2024 with the potential for extension Exciting opportunity to drive marketing and communications objectives in an emerging tech field Base Salary $9...
Research Support Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Position Details Fixed term until May 2025 | Part-Time at 0.6 FTE Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a. (pro-rata) Location: Bedford Park View Position Description College of S...
Senior Communications And Marketing Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Full-time, fixed term until 30th June 2024 Exciting opportunity to drive marketing and communications objectives in an emerging tech field Base Salary $100,032 - $108,979 + 17% superannuation Abou...
Digital Project Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
Full time, 12 month fixed-term opportunity (with possibility of extension) Key role supporting the Digital Performance team during an exciting period of growth Base Salary $129,847 - $137,008 + 17...
Associate Professor (Medicine), University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
0.5 FTE, continuing teaching and research position Outstanding opportunity for a senior academic to play a major role in shaping the teaching and research within Central Clinical School of Sydney ...