- Casual role, primarily at Mt Lawley campus
Expression of Interest
Technical Officer (Primary Science) 1.0 FTE, LEVEL 4 Casual
The School of Education is seeking expressions of interest for this role to provide technical support and assistance to students and staff to deliver the School of Education academic program in the allocated subject areas while the incumbent is on maternity leave. Under the direction of the Team Leader, Technical Support, the Science Technical Officer operates in a team-orientated role within the Technical Support Services team. This full-time role is positioned primarily on the Mt Lawley campus. However, the requirements of the business necessitate an occasional presence at the Joondalup campus.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, Technical Support, the Technical Officer operates in a team-orientated role within the Technical Support Services team in a specialist area.
Length of the role: Semester one, 2023
- Maintains the operational aspects of the allocated workshops, laboratories, and other relevant facilities to ensure these are fit for purpose and always comply with policy and legislation. Manages the day-to-day work environment to provide a clean, functional, healthy, and safe for all users. This includes but is not limited to providing support for assessment, displays, professional development and associated events and programs.
- Manages the School of Education assets register and records management systems for exams and assignments.
- Demonstrates the use of various techniques, materials, skills, and processes related to the Studio/Lab/Workshop areas and provides technical instruction to students on all functions related to their work to ensure compliance with policy and legislation.
- Monitors, purchases, and orders Studio/Lab/Workshop stock efficiently, cost-effectively, and in good time to maintain the teaching and professional adjunct programs. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. Stores and dispenses stock, tools, and equipment and ensures materials are used economically and correctly to optimise the use of resources
b. Keeps the storeroom/s in good order to optimise the use and maintenance of resources while achieving the required learning and research outcomes.
c. Maintains accurate records of all transactions and completes monthly income and expenditure reports.
- Identifies and recommends new and alternative materials, processes, techniques, and equipment to provide greater efficiencies, improve health and safety and maintain currency within the Studio/Lab/Workshop discipline.
- Employees must participate in all ECU, team, and individual planning activities, comply with ECU policies and practices in all aspects of their work and conduct and ensure the safety and well-being of themselves and others by complying with OSH and EO requirements.
To apply for the position, please provide a current CV and cover letter detailing the following:
- Your interest in applying
- Your relevant experience as it relates to the above description
Please submit your application to Dr Roxanne Fozard at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm Sunday, 19 February 2023.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Lecturer In Aviation, Female Candidates Only, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 17 days ago
13 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Appli...
Eoi Casual Curtin Connect Officers, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Your new role Do you have exceptional customer service and are passionate about supporting students through their educational journey? If so, we have an exciting role available to join our friendl...
Technical Officer, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job Reference: 1075246 Your new role We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that provides technical instruction and support for undergraduate classes and associated services for teac...
Project Officer School Of Earth And Planetary Sciences, Curtin University, Australia, 12 days ago
Job Reference: 1072439 About us Consolidating engineering, economics, and science capabilities to form the School of Earth and Planetary Sciences: The School provides world-class training for geos...
Project Officer Innovation Central Perth, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job Reference: 1073901 Are you ready to be part of an exciting mission that brings together academia, innovation, and industry? We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Project Officer to join ou...
Scientific Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
Job no:514423 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Technical/Laboratory support Full-time (1 FTE), ongoing appointment Position will be primarily based at UWA Crawley campus Salary rang...