- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About The Position:
The Technical Officer (Nursing) will report to the Technical Coordinator and will be responsible for providing technical advice and support to facilitate the functions and users of the laboratories and workspaces.
The role will also be responsible for maintaining and demonstrating the operation of laboratory equipment and instruments, while also providing technical support to staff and students. This includes the preparation and setup of materials and equipment for practical classes.
Under the guidance of the Technical Coordinator, the incumbent will be expected to ensure the maintenance of the laboratories and support the adoption and implementation of OHS standards, ensuring delivery of client centric, professional service.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have:
- Knowledge or experience in nursing teaching laboratories or relevant nursing industry/clinical related experience.
- An understanding of current nursing practice, including the use of appropriate equipment in nursing procedures and clinical environments.
- Ability to operate and maintain nursing simulation laboratory-based instruments and equipment and the ability to provide technical support in the implementation and training of digital technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge or familiarity in health simulation software platforms and troubleshooting audio visual equipment. Operating and maintaining laboratory-based instruments, equipment relevant to the work area and assisting in generating appropriate operating documentation.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including understanding and embracing a client focused framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of current OH&S legislation with knowledge of other field or industry regulations or standards related to the field within the scope of the service area.
- Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with a diverse range of people from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of working in accordance to the RMIT value statements or similar frameworks in other organizations.
- A commitment to RMIT’s policies of supporting a diverse workplace along with zero tolerance towards harassment, bullying or discrimination in any form.
Candidates with previous experience as Technical Officers or in healthcare settings, such as hospitals or clinical environments, possess strong familiarity with various equipment and systems.
- Experience with high fidelity medical/clinical patient simulators and manikins and related software.
- Exposure to clinical environments (Nursing/Allied Health)
Industry related experience or certification or Nursing or medical/clinical teaching and learning support experience.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and health (STEM) fields. STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and gamechangers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master, and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
The College is renowned for its exemplary research in many STEM areas including advanced manufacturing and design; computing technologies; health innovation and translational medicine; nano materials and devices; and sustainable systems. Under the leadership of DVC STEM College & Vice President, Digital Innovation, we have established new hubs of industry-connected digital innovation and endeavor and are engaging with global STEM organizations at scale. We offer a safe, dynamic work environment, and support every member of our community of achieve their potential. STEM College employs 1,000 staff who deliver onshore and offshore programs to approximately 20,000 students.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Dustin Nguyen – Talent Acquisition Advisor via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description – https://www.rmit.edu.au/content/dam/rmit/au/en/careers/position-descriptions/technical-officer-nursing-stemm.pdf
18 Oct 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla n der community.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via email@example.com or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers .
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer, Early Career Development Fellow, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 2 days ago
5 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Appl...
Industry Fellow, Surveying And Geospatial Science, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 7 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Res...
Lecturer, Games, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 21 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Arts Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Australia Application Deadline 28 ...
Lecturer, Digital Design, RMIT UNIVERSITY, Australia, 21 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RMIT UNIVERSITY Research Field Arts Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Australia Application Deadline 6 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC) T...
Steam Communicator (2 X Positions), University of Melbourne, Australia, 19 days ago
Job no: 0052211 & 0055178 Location: Parkville Role type: 2 X Part-time roles; 0.8 FTE and 0.6 FTE; Fixed-term until December 2024 Department/School: Global, Culture, and Engagement Salary: UOM 5 –...
Senior Research Officer Agricultural Education & Extension, Central Queensland University, Australia, 4 days ago
Senior Research Officer - Agricultural Education & Extension Apply now » Date: 14 Nov 2023 Job Location: Rockhampton, QLD, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity • Fix...