- Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only
- Full-time, fixed term 6-month contract, based at the City West campus
- Salary Range: $67,739 - $76,139 pro rate per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As the Technical Officer, you will be responsible for the daily management and technical support of the Tissue architecture and organ function research laboratory (TAOF) based within the Centre for Cancer Biology.
You will support academic staff and students in the laboratory by assisting with experimental procedures and providing high-level technical and laboratory support and advice, whilst coordinating the operation and inventory of the TAOF research laboratory, including the equipment, materials, reagents and resources. This includes the coordination of tissue samples provided to the TAOF through the SA Neurosurgical tumour bank.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About the Centre for Cancer Biology (CCB)
The Centre for Cancer Biology (CCB) is an alliance between the University of South Australia and CALHN and is co-located with other cancer-focussed researchers within a purpose-built building in Adelaide's Biotech and Medical Precinct. The CCB studies the fundamental causes of cancer to find new ways to prevent and treat the disease and is a recognised hub for innovative science leading to breakthrough therapies.
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures, experiments and instruct students and staff in the safe use of equipment and its operation
- Maintain budgetary and stock control for areas of responsibility and purchase consumables and minor equipment as required
- Regular monitoring of laboratory equipment to guarantee data accuracy and compliance with manufacturer and safety requirements
- Contribute as a team member to the efficient and effective laboratory operation and participate in team development initiatives
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification(s) in areas related to the research undertaken by the TAOF laboratory
- Knowledge and experience in coordinating, operating, and maintaining research laboratories
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the research fields of cell and tissue biology, cancer biology and data analysis and demonstrated ability to summarise and present results
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the Work Health and Safety legislation and risk assessment strategies for controlling hazards, waste disposal and equipment use within research laboratories
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only.
Please address your cover letter to Sara O’Donovan, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4928.
Applications close: 9.30am Tuesday 14 February 2023
To be eligible to apply for internal positions, you must either identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person, or be a current UniSA continuing, fixed-term or casual staff member at the time the position is advertised and have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of the appointment .
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Group Leader S Ai Genci, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job no:511630 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level C, Level D (Level C) $125, 537 to $144,368 per annum or (Level D) $150,639 to ...
Research Support Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Fixed term until May 2025 | Part-Time at 0.6 FTE Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a. (pro-rata) Location: Bedford Park View Position Description College of S...
Senior Microscopy Officer Multi Modal Electron Microscopist, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Full time, continuing position Join a knowledgeable team working across a variety of biological life science research projects Base Salary $91,644 - $108,979 (HEO6/7) + 17% superannuation About th...
Terrestrial Archaeology Technical Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the College of Humanities, Arts and Social ...
Analytical Research Technician/Senior Research Analyst (Qaehs), The University of Queensland, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Queensland Alliance for Environmental Health Sciences HEW Level 5 or 6 Full time, fixed-term position through to 31 December 2024 Closing date Wednesday 5 April 2023 at 11.00pm AEST (R-24055) Abou...
Ref 1582/23 Compliance Administration Officer, Placements Hub, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $54,725 to $61,889 pro rata rates Part-Time (0.6 FTE), Fixed-Term position for 2.5 months About Western Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll ...