Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Continuing | Part-Time (0.8FTE)
Higher Education Officer Level 5
$72,885 - $80,438.
Senior Manager, Healthcare Simulation
Under general supervision, the position will be responsible for assisting in a range of clinical skills technical functions, including simulation activities, to support the programs of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences both in Adelaide and the Riverland. Under general direction, the incumbent will use their wide-range of clinical experience to ensure that workshop preparation and associated simulation equipment supports the learning requirements of students working in the Healthcare Simulation Laboratories in accordance with university course requirements.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Prepare the laboratory environment for Health Sciences and Clinical Skills Workshops in accordance with university course requirements, liaising when applicable, with the Senior Manager, Healthcare Simulation, course coordinators, academic and other laboratory staff.
- Assist with Work Health & Safety (WHS) within teaching spaces including Safe Work Procedures (SWP), Risk Assessments (RA) and Workplace Inspection (WI) records, equipment, hazardous chemicals management (e.g. CHEMWATCH) and dangerous goods.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, both locally and at a distance whilst providing a high standard of customer service.
- Assume the functional responsibilities of the Team Leader and/or Laboratories Manager in their absence.
- Provide technical advice and assistance during practical classes including demonstration of equipment, procedures and techniques as required to ensure effective and safe operation.
- Maintain, monitor, and supervise stock control for smooth operation of all programs.
- Set up and dismantle equipment following each workshop ensuring all equipment is appropriately cleaned, checked, stored, and maintained. Ensure that maintenance requirements are followed in accordance with relevant policy and legislation.
- Liaise and collaborate with manufacturers, industry partners and company reps to ensure product support, maintenance and troubleshooting is managed with minimal impact to students’ experience.
- Collate, record, report and resolve IT, AV, and simulation equipment faults to minimise interruption to student learning.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
Tertiary qualification in Science, Chemistry or Health Science or an equivalent combination of experience or education and training relevant to the position.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus.
Proven ability to work autonomously with general supervision and as part of a team.
Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary health practice, policy and procedures.
Demonstrated experience in working with new and emerging laboratory or simulation technologies.
Proven ability to take initiative in problem solving, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Current knowledge of Work Health Safety (WHS) legislation, including risk management.
High level of attention to detail and organisational skills, with a willingness to work flexibly including shift work and after hours.
Previous experience in clinical or teaching laboratory environment will be an added advantage.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
Pursuant to Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University.
Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new staff members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59pm:08 Jun 2022
Animal Technician (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Full-time, fixed term contract until 7 July 2023 based in Research & Innovation Services at the City West campus Commencement Salary:...
Scientific Research Team Leader, The University of Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
Queensland Alliance for Environmental Health Sciences Academic Level 7 Full-time, fixed-term position up to 30 June 2023 Closing date 19 June 2022 at 11.00pm AEST (R-12042) About This Opportunity ...
Director, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:510010 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide, Australia Categories:Senior Manager, Management, Business Development, Learning, Enhancement and Innovation Attractive remuneration ...
Health And Safety Senior Manager Assurance, Systems Improvement & Reporting, University of Sydney, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Leadership opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Senior Manager, Assurance, Systems Improvement and Reporting, to lead a team of assurance and analyst professionals supporting Faculties...
Senior Technical Officer: Electronic (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position with option to explore flexible work options Commencement Salary: $71,205 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About th...
Senior Cyber Specialist: Assurance Services, University of South Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) at the Mawson Lakes Campus Full-time continuing position Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (effective first pay period after 30 J...