Apply now Job no:500166
The Teaching Support General/Administration Officer works as part of a Faculty team, this position is responsible for the effective day to day administrative and facilities support, management of timetabling and examinations and the effective efficient operations of teaching allocations, payments including assessing and selecting quality candidates for the teaching and marking of courses offered for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
About the role
- $75K - $93K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full time (35 hours)
The role of Teaching Support- Administrator Team reports to the School Manager.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide high level administrative support and specialist advice to the School and other nominated teams across the Faculty of Engineering relating to administrative and facilities guidelines, processes and activities.
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, undertake School and/or Faculty reception duties, including face-to-face inquiries and assist with the receipt and distribution of deliveries to the School.
- Review and monitor finance administration requests, including but not limited to; purchasing, perform budget checks, travel, credit card reconciliation, expense reimbursements, payment requests and billing processes. Ensure all finance admin requests contain complete information, supporting documentation and approvals prior to submission to Finance for processing.
- Responsible for Term Planning and Class Maintenance activities including timetabling, class scheduling, clash free course combinations (CFCCs), creation of Moodle courses and relevant room bookings.
- Responsible for monitoring enrolments and provision of enrolment information to Schools including but not limited to:
- Reporting on class utilisation and recommendations for additional or reduction of classes;
- Using enrolment patterns to monitor and forecast future enrolment numbers; and
- Assisting Schools in making term planning decisions about class sizes, class numbers and casual academic hiring.
- Responsible for assessment planning, including collating assessment planning data and exam papers from academics, facilitating academic review of assessment tasks, creating internal timetables, coordinating online and distance examinations.
- Provide input to and/or produce various marketing materials including study planners and brochures.
- Update the content of AIMS, including ensuring the online handbook, course catalogue and the website are accurate as required.
- Coordinate the myExperience survey process for each course.
- Act as a triage point for Schools and Tier 3 escalation point and answer student enquiries that maybe escalated through the CRM as required.
- Responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework thesis support to Thesis Coordinators in Schools, including the organisation of submissions, seminars and poster sessions.
- Manage the organisation of supplementary exams and invigilate supplementary exams as required and appropriate.
- Liaise with Academic Learning and Teaching Coordinators in Schools and industry partners to arrange student awards nights including organising prizes, certificate and ensuring awards are noted on student transcripts.
- Coordinate School Meetings, Committees, events including draft agendas, minutes, correspondence, briefing notes, guidelines and room bookings, and setting up for specific committees and meetings/events as required.
- Act as the administrative contact for Astra, performing quality assurance checks on grades prior to submission and coordinating the approval of final grades with Assessment Review Committees to ensure all grades are entered in a timely manner.
- Provide high quality customer service to students and staff, ensuring the effective management and resolution of escalated matters from the Student Support team.
- Provide administrative support to Academic Learning and Teaching Coordinators including reviewing and updating admission check sheets and producing and maintaining requisite flow charts.
- Assist with recruitment requests and renewals. Responsible for the processing and reporting of casual academic appointments; including the collation of forms and submission of salary claims.
- Provide administrative support for the transition to UNSW 3+, in particular supporting program structure changes.
- Provide basic technical support to academics in their use of Moodle, Astra and related teaching systems; escalating requests to the Education Delivery Services team as required.
- Coordinate the Engineers Australia accreditation or other required accreditations by liaising with stakeholders to consolidate all relevant information.
- Support ad hoc needs of Schools including coordinating block courses, arranging guest lectures and managing scholarships and MOU arrangements with other Universities.
- Participate in relevant projects and business improvement activities to streamline processes and facilitate administrative efficiency in consultation with key stakeholders, Estate Management and contractors.
- Undertake regular maintenance inspections of workspaces, conference/seminar/meeting rooms, learning and teaching spaces, laboratories and common areas, across the Schools and Research Units in the Faculty.
- Coordinate service requests through Estate Management and the UNSW Communications Unit, including maintaining documentation, job tracking information, follow-up and disseminating communications to School staff and students as appropriate.
- Assist the School Manager(s) and Higher Degree Research (HDR) Support Officer(s) with accommodation and space matters including provision of workspace allocation, computers, security access, and site induction and orientation for staff, visitors and HDR students
- Maintain facilities records in appropriate information management systems and online repositories, including compilation of space information (occupancy/usage) using Archibus.
- May supervise staff and/or have overall responsibility for the day-to-day administrative operations of the School/Unit.
- Other duties as directed commensurate with the position.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Level 6 (in addition to Level 5 above)
- Higher level oversight and management of all processes including but not limited to timetabling, AIMS updates, the myExperience surveys, examinations, casual academic payments, the transition to UNSW 3+ and the Engineers Australia accreditation process.
- Provide input and specialist advice to the development of relevant policies, regulations and operational plans.
- Interpretation of UNSW policies and processes and provide consistent advice to the School.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, evaluating existing process, procedures and protocols, to identify opportunities for improvement and implement any approved changes.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent tertiary qualification and relevant administrative and customer service experience in a tertiary organisation (or equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience).
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, manage complex tasks and projects and meet competing deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise with and clearly convey ideas to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve sensitive issues efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of policies, systems, manuals, rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in an administrative environment.
- Experience with coordinating and providing administrative support regarding teaching workloads for Academic staff.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team but take initiative and responsibility for own areas of work
- High level proficiency in standard Microsoft applications and demonstrated ability to learn and implement and promote new systems. Experience using a student management system would be highly regarded.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and privacy
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Level 6 (in addition to Level 5 above)
- Significant relevant experience in a similar role in a tertiary organisation.
- Experience in providing a broad range of teaching administration support and advice to Academic staff
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
For informal queries, please see the below contact details.
Otherwise, please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed .
Applications close: November 30th , 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised:23 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:30 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Ref 118/21, Learning & Teaching Coordinator, Nuw Alliance, Western Sydney University, The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Western Sydney University, The College, Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $109,882 and $11,000 Coordinators Allowance p.a. Full-Time., Fixed-Term Position for 3 Months Western Sydney Universi...
Team Leader, Program Delivery & Assessment Paramedicine, University of Tasmania, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495400 Work type:Full time Location:Sydney Categories:Administration Team Leader, Program Delivery and Assessment - Paramedicine Full time, fixed term (ending August 2021) Do you ...
Lecturer In Clinical Practice, Flinders University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Early Childhood Teacher, Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508841 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Education/Training Early Childhood Teacher, Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre An exciting...
Senior Education Program Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508735 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Administration, Education/Training, Medical Administration, General Operations Salary Package...
Senior Scientific Officer (Terrestrial Fieldwork), Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508848 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Technical / Scientific Officer · Salary Package: From $85,148 to $93,989 p.a. (HEW Level 6) p...