Apply now Job no:500167
Categories:Administration, Research Administration support
The Teaching Support Officer provides effective day-to-day management of timetabling and examinations; and the efficient operation of teaching allocations and payments.
About the role
- $75K - $93K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full time (35 hours)
The role reports to the School Manager supporting the Team Lead.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for Term Planning and Class Maintenance activities including timetabling, class scheduling, clash free course combinations (CFCCs), creation of Moodle courses and relevant room bookings.
- Responsible for monitoring enrolments and provision of enrolment information to Schools including but not limited to:
- Reporting on class utilisation and recommendations for additional or reduction of classes;
- Using enrolment patterns to monitor and forecast future enrolment numbers; and
- Assisting Schools in making term planning decisions about class sizes, class numbers and casual academic hiring.
- Responsible for assessment planning, including collating assessment planning data and exam papers from academics, facilitating academic review of assessment tasks, creating internal timetables, coordinating online and distance examinations.
- Provide input to and/or produce various marketing materials including study planners and brochures.
- Update the content of AIMS, including ensuring the online handbook, course catalogue and the website are accurate as required.
- Coordinate the myExperience survey process for each course.
- Responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework thesis support to Thesis Coordinators in Schools, including the organisation of submissions, seminars and poster sessions.
- Manage the organisation of supplementary exams and invigilate supplementary exams as required and appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to Academic Learning and Teaching Coordinators including reviewing and updating admission check sheets, producing and maintaining requisite flow charts and arranging student awards nights including organising prizes, certificate and ensuring awards are noted on student transcripts.
- Provide administrative support to Teaching and Learning Committees and Assessment Review Committees, including taking minutes and assisting in the preparation of agenda items.
- Act as the administrative contact for Astra, performing quality assurance checks on grades prior to submission and coordinating the approval of final grades with Assessment Review Committees to ensure all grades are entered in a timely manner.
- Provide high quality customer service to students and staff, ensuring the effective management and resolution of escalated matters from the Student Support team.
- Responsible for the processing and reporting of casual academic appointments; including the collation of forms and submission of salary claims.
- Coordinate the Engineers Australia accreditation or other required accreditations by liaising with stakeholders to consolidate all relevant information.
- Provide basic technical support to academics in their use of Moodle, Astra and related teaching systems; escalating requests to the Education Delivery Services team as required.
- Support ad hoc needs of Schools including coordinating block courses, arranging guest lectures and managing scholarships and MOU arrangements with other Universities.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Level 6 (in addition to Level 5 above)
- Higher level oversight and management of all processes including but not limited to timetabling, AIMS updates, the myExperience surveys, examinations, casual academic payments , the transition to UNSW 3+ and the Engineers Australia accreditation process.
- Provide input and specialist advice to the development of relevant policies, regulations and operational plans.
- Interpretation of UNSW policies and processes and provide consistent advice to the School.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, evaluating existing process, procedures and protocols, to identify opportunities for improvement and implement any approved changes.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent tertiary qualification and relevant administrative and customer service experience in a tertiary organisation (or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience).
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, manage complex tasks and projects and meet competing deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve complex and sensitive issues efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of policies, systems, manuals, rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in an administrative environment.
- Experience with coordinating and managing administrative and teaching workloads for Academic staff.
- High level proficiency in standard Microsoft applications and demonstrated ability to learn and implement and promote new systems. Experience using a student management system would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level 6 (in addition to Level 5 above)
- Significant relevant experience in a similar role in a tertiary organisation.
- Experience in providing a broad range of teaching administration support and advice to Academic staff.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
For informal queries, please see the below contact details.
Otherwise, please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed .
Applications close: November 30th , 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised:18 Dec 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:05 Jan 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Ref 118/21, Learning & Teaching Coordinator, Nuw Alliance, Western Sydney University, The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Western Sydney University, The College, Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $109,882 and $11,000 Coordinators Allowance p.a. Full-Time., Fixed-Term Position for 3 Months Western Sydney Universi...
Senior Education Program Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:508735 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Administration, Education/Training, Medical Administration, General Operations Salary Package...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aboriginal Health Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no:504898 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Ref 136/21 Deputy Provost, Vietnam Campus, Officer Of The Pro Vice Chancellor, Global Development, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration Package: $149,349 to $171,321 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position 12 months based at Parramatta Campus WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY INT...
Scientific Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Apply now Job no:508917 Work type:Part Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy Categories:Technical / Scientific Officer This role is open to internal MQ staff members only Salary Package: From $73,92...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Career Pathways Mentor Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no:504897 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...