- Make a positive impact on the lives of our students
- Prepare and deliver quality training and assessment to the future workforce
- Sessional Teaching Role Available
Victoria University (VU) Polytechnic is the vocational education (TAFE) division of Victoria University which offers job ready qualifications, upskilling and reskilling for existing workers, pathways to further studies, workforce development and exposure to real-life work skills.
Victoria University Polytechnic's Early Childhood and Education Support is seeking passionate and experienced teachers to assist students in the journey of launching their careers.
About the Role
You will expected to deliver various units across Certificate III & Diploma of Early Childhood. These units are delivered from our Werribee, Sunshine, St Albans and Footscray Nicholson Campus
You will work closely with fellow Teachers and Senior Educators to provide the best learning experience for the students; as well as you will be contributing to the continuous improvement of its learning and assessment resources.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Planning, preparing, delivering and assessing of student performance and learning activities in accordance with the departments assessment tools
- Foster a working environment that is respectful to all students and staff
- Establish and maintain a positive learning environment and deliver in accordance with the departments lesson plans
- Monitor student progression and attendance throughout the learning journey for the unit
- Maintaining accurate course and student records according to organisational requirements
Salary and Conditions of Employment:
- For the sessional teaching roles, the hourly rate payable is $83.56 plus 11% superannuation.
- Conditions of employment will be covered by the Victoria University's Vocational Teacher Enterprise Agreement 2019
- To teach in TAFE you much have completed TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or TAE40110 with required upskill units
- Hold a relevant vocational/industry qualification at the level of the courses to be offered or above and have teaching experience either in a TAFE or an RTO
- You must hold a valid E Class (employee) Working with children Check to be able to undertake this role.
- Your great communication skills will be a key asset and use daily to teach our students and you will need to have a willingness to continually learn and develop as a professional trainer and assessor.
Who Do I Contact?
For further information relating to the position, please contact Priscilla Fowler, General Manager Community Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (03) 9919 8839.
How Do I Apply?
If you would like to submit a direct application (cover letter and a resume), please click on the Apply Now button.
Application must include:
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience related to the role being offered
- Your current curriculum vitae/resume,
- Evidence of applicable qualifications, licences and VIT Registrations/Working with Children Check, evidence of right to work
Our Commitment to Protecting Country
Victoria University honours its deep diversity as a foundation for collaboration and social progress. We will demonstrate sensitivity in respecting First Nation perspectives. We will ensure that we respect our Indigenous voices and commit to sustainable Protecting Country.
We will take leadership responsibility, in all that we do, to improve the health and well-being of our local and global communities, and the planet that we share.
Team Leader (Domestic Admissions), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 2 days ago
Student Administration & Library Services Ongoing, Full time position at our Hawthorn campus Attractive HEW6 salary and benefits with flexible working options About the Role An excellent Team Lead...
Early Childhood Educator (Diploma), University of Melbourne, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no: 0060719 Location: Parkville Role type: Part-time 0.4 FTE; Continuing Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services Salary: UOM 4 - $73,943- $78,476 p.a. plus 17% super (pro rata for pa...
Early Childhood Educator (Certificate Iii) 2 Positions Available, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no: 0060630 Location: Parkville Role type: 1 x 1.0FTE Full-time ( 9 day fortnight); Fixed-term until 24/12/2024 and 1 x 0.83 FTE Part-Time ( 9.30 – 4.30 Mon to Fri) ;Fixed Term until 30/08/202...
Professor Early Childhood Education, Monash University, Australia, 1 day ago
Professor - Early Childhood Education Job No.: 657609 Location: Peninsula campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will a...
Senior Educator Early Childhood And Education, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Senior Educator - Early Childhood and Education role with Swinburne University Full time, fixed term (till Dec 24) SE ($120,877) + 17% Superannuation About the Role The Senior Educator – Early Chi...
Ssp Program Administration Project Officer, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 16 days ago
Tafe Administrator role within Swinburne University Full time, 14-month fixed term position at our Wantirna and Croydon campus’ HEW 6 total remuneration package (TRP) About the Role The Administra...