About the Centre of Enabling Pathways
Aspiration, Inclusion and Opportunity – Providing Access to Higher Education
The flagship program for the Centre of Enabling Pathways is the UniReady Enabling Program. The UniReady Program is an open-access pathway that provides an alternate eligibility pathway to university for students who successfully complete the program. Students who come via this pathway do not have entry qualifications and come with a range of educational backgrounds. The program is also delivered via OUA and UniReady in Schools to over 3000 students a year. The course is offered online and internal and is one semester long when studied full-time. It runs over 2 semesters and includes a small summer course. OUA is run over 4 study periods and UniReady in Schools run individual course deliveries as required.
Your new role
The role of this position is to act as the main point of contact for all inquiries related to current and prospective students who are seeking information about the Centre of Enabling Pathways. The enquiries can range from applying for the program, information on pathways to undergraduate courses to enrolling for units, submitting assessment extensions, and finally transitioning into a Curtin undergraduate course. The position is part of the UniReady students’ lifecycle and experience at Curtin. This involves handling a high volume of interactions through various channels such as face-to-face, phone calls, and a customer relationship management system. Furthermore, the individual in this position is responsible for updating and maintaining records, processing and producing official documentation, and performing any associated administrative tasks as required.
A day in this role may involve, but would not be limited to:
- Maintain updated knowledge on all Curtin courses, including entry requirements, applications, enrolment, scholarships, fees, timetable, exams, and assessment extensions to enable pathways.
- Refer complex enquiries regarding alternative pathway options for applicants who do not meet automatic admission criteria to the central admissions area.
- Provide a quality customer service to all customers by telephone, email, and face-to-face i.e. answering queries, and supporting customers, ensuring they are provided with correct, consistent and timely advice.
- Maintain accurate records in the customer relationship management system (CRM) and student management system.
- Provide advice and support to students to manage their own offer, enrolment and class registration using student self-management facilities.
- Strong commitment to customer service and helping individuals achieve their educational goals.
- A personable and friendly disposition, with demonstrated experience in delivering high quality customer service.
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply your expertise in line with policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Accuracy in data entry, information retrieval and excellent computer skills.
- No reservations about being part of a supportive team which thrives on meeting goals and deadlines.
- Working With Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Experience in student-related customer services or similar
We are an energetic, dedicated team of academics and professionals working together to provide global solutions through quality graduates and innovative research. Curtin is a welcoming space where integrity, respect for one another, courage, excellence, and impact are essential to everyday life. Situated on Whadjuk Nyungar Country, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
We encourage a progressive and diverse workplace, offering generous superannuation and salary packaging benefits. We are committed to looking after our employees by promoting health and wellbeing, work flexibility, and personal development opportunities.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
For more information about our university visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser https://tinyurl.com/3f9sccx9
7th of September 11.59am AWEST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, any offer of employment is subject to completion of National Police Records checks, and background, integrity, and reference checks to Curtin’s satisfaction. At Curtin, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation and this position may also require you to have a current Working With Children Check.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia to be considered.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1), quoting the reference number.
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Senior Research Officer, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Senior Research Officer , Curtin University, Australia, 5 days ago
A new role for a Senior Research Officer School to work on two exciting projects at the School of Earth and Planetary Sciences. $99,040 - $106,339 per annum plus 17% superannuation 2-year Fixed Te...
Associate Lecturer Or Lecturer In Chemistry And Biochemistry, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 23 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australi...
International Partner Performance Lead, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
$97,113 to $108,813 pa (HEW 7) Ongoing, Full Time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights International Business Operations Joondalup Campus $97,113 to $108,813 pa (HEW 7) P...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...
Senior Learning Designer, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
$111,152 to $125,191 (HEW 8) Ongoing. Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR LEARNING DESIGNER CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEAC...