Apply now Job no:500075
Categories:Research Administration support
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Optometry and Vision Science is one of the largest and most prestigious optometry schools’ in Australia/Asia. It offers a three-year Bachelor of Vision Science undergraduate program, which can be taken as a standalone degree with the option of an honours year or lead to a two-year Master of Clinical Optometry at the postgraduate level. The Master of Clinical Optometry qualifies graduates to practice as an Optometrist in Australia, New Zealand and many Asian countries.
Research in the School of Optometry and Vision Science encompasses a diverse range of topics and disciplines, including basic, applied and clinical research in the science of vision. The School's multidisciplinary approach to research is one of its key strengths.
The School of Optometry and Vision Science conducts a number of Industry sponsored clinical trials in various specialty fields including contact lenses, myopia control and dry eye.
About the role
- $87K - $94K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term (24 months)
- Part time (28 hours)
The role reports to the School Manager supporting the Team Lead.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide excellent clinical care in the advanced clinical skill area(s) to patients including the use and interpretation of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment or procedures.
- Provide student clinical supervision and tutorials, with the occasional delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate lectures as required.
- Provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) lectures, workshops and tutorials within the School.
- Perform relevant clinical research under direction of research staff.
- Maintain the general upkeep of clinical facilities, including those associated within an advanced clinical skill area.
- Generate case reports and instrument/technique reports for publication.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Level 7 (in addition to Level 6 above)
- Assist in the management and planning of your advanced clinical skill area(s) in the UNSW Optometry Clinic.
- Develop and administer courses and deliver excellent clinical teaching for undergraduate and postgraduate students as required.
- Develop Continuing Professional Development (CPD) lectures, workshops and tutorials within the School.
- Perform research as an associate investigator.
- Plan for the delivery of clinical services in advanced clinical skill areas.
- Train staff and mentor students as required.
- Assist in the development and improvement of clinical protocols within the UNSW Optometry Clinic and other clinical facilities as required.
- Publish clinical research in relevant publications.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered as an optometrist in Australia.
- Demonstrated completion of suitable training allowing a therapeutic scope of practice.
- Demonstrated two years’ work experience in optometry clinical practice.
- Therapeutic qualifications and demonstrated clinical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to perform clinical research under direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated interest in the development of clinical and teaching skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level 7 (in addition to Level 6 above)
- A higher degree or substantial equivalent experience in clinical practice with relevant experience, or certification, in an advanced clinical skill area.
- Extensive experience in clinical teaching across lectures, workshops, tutorials, and clinical supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to perform clinical research projects as part of a research team.
- Published in suitable forums including case reports and instrument/technique reports.
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
For informal queries, please see the below contact details.
Otherwise, please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed .
Applications close: November 13th , 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised:30 Oct 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:13 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aboriginal Health Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:504898 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Ref 118/21, Learning & Teaching Coordinator, Nuw Alliance, Western Sydney University, The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Western Sydney University, The College, Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $109,882 and $11,000 Coordinators Allowance p.a. Full-Time., Fixed-Term Position for 3 Months Western Sydney Universi...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Career Pathways Mentor Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Job no:504897 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Lecturer In Clinical Practice, Flinders University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Senior Education Program Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:508735 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Administration, Education/Training, Medical Administration, General Operations Salary Package...
Engagement Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Apply now Job no:508326 Work type:Part Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Administration Engagement Officer An exciting opportunity to contribute to a communication an...