- Two Full time 2 year fixed term positions
- Utilise your technical expertise to deliver innovation strategies in line with the University’s digital strategy
- Base Salary $138,799 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Solution Architect is part of the IT Architecture team and will be responsible for applying extensive professional expertise, skills and knowledge to ensure that the architecture and innovation strategies align with the University’s digital strategy. This role will collaborate closely with ICT and key University stakeholders and make strategic and operational recommendations, understanding related implications, risks and opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide extensive architecture expertise and knowledge towards delivering solutions that align with the University’s digital strategy
- design and implement conceptual and detailed solution architecture to achieve business outcomes and simplifying organisation application landscape
- identify and close gaps between current and future state architecture
- analyse multiple solution options and make recommendations that are fit for purpose, fit for use and cybersecure.
- operate in both tactical and strategic spheres, addressing both short term and long-term needs of the University
- provide leadership and knowledge in the evaluation of vendor products and managing diverse stakeholders
- negotiate and influence key business and ICT stakeholders to implement enterprise solutions
- tertiary qualifications in IT discipline and/or equivalent experience in solution architecture, applications and integration space
- knowledge of various technologies such as Security & Access Management, Storage, Compute, Network and Applications (example: CRM, Financial Systems, HR, etc.)
- experience in a large and complex organisation
- experience with application integration, data, infrastructure and cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- demonstrated analytical skills and willingness to accept and overcome challenges effectively
- ability to develop and leverage effective relationship with ICT and business stakeholders in a complex environment
- extensive experience with solution architecture in a TOGAF framework setting.
- well-developed planning and project co-ordination skills
- strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Victoria Ford-Rogers, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Applications CloseMonday 01 August 2022 11:59 PM
Information Technologist: Cyber Security , University of South Australia, Australia, 4 minutes ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus Full-time, continuing position Flexible working conditions and generous leave arrangements available About the Role...
Senior Infrastructure Engineer: Linux / Unix Specialist (Heo 8), University of South Australia, Australia, 7 minutes ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus Full-time continuing position Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role We a...
Senior Server Administrator: Systems Infrastructure, University of South Australia, Australia, 21 days ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technical Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time continuing position A variety of generous leave arrangements available and 17% super About the Role We hav...
Team Leader: System Support (Heo 8), University of South Australia, Australia, 6 minutes ago
Based within Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role...
Information Technologist: Ict Support , University of South Australia, Australia, 6 minutes ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time fixed term contract until 22 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuatio...
Information Technologist: Asset Support (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Based in the Information Strategy & Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Ro...