Job Reference: 1118709
Science & Engineering
We seek a Full Time/Part Time software engineer/cyber security engineer/research associate to join the High-Performance Intelligent Systems (HPIS) research group at the School of EECMS, Curtin University, to work on industry-focused DevOps projects.
As the Australian Government funds this position – the Department of Defence appointees must be Australian Citizens and able to undertake Baseline Security clearance to participate in this project.
Motivated and promising candidates without cited experience (including recent graduates) will also be considered for these positions and are encouraged to apply.
About the role
Duties of your role will include:
- To investigate the performance and security implications of various system architectures from virtualisation, containerisation, microVMs and Unikernels.
- To conduct a literature review of the above system architectures.
- To critically explore and assess the architecture of various Kubernetes engines.
- To support the software development of a cloud-native micro-service application hosted in Kubernetes, in various programming languages.
- Develop threat modelling and investigate solutions in the context of container architecture and VMs.
- Maintain communication with project partners and stakeholders throughout assigned projects to ensure regular exchange of project-related information and to initiate appropriate action for issues if they arise.
- Produce and maintain high-level documentation, including but not limited to technical reports, code repositories, and code itself.
To learn more about this opportunity, don't hesitate to contactAssociate Professor Aneesh Krishna
School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences, The High-Performance Intelligent Systems (HPIS) Research Group focuses on the design and development of next-generation distributed Intelligent systems using state-of-art technologies, i.e., edge-cloud computing, machine learning (ML) techniques, Internet of Things (IoT), and software and cyber security engineering. The group comprises leading experts in software engineering, cyber security, machine learning and cloud/edge computing. The group fosters collaborative, interdisciplinary research, and development with various industry partners.
The School of EECMS, Curtin University, is a uniquely rewarding workplace. Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old. The school combines Curtin's core capabilities across electrical engineering, computing, physics, and mathematics to better understand and advance our data-driven world. It has built substantial knowledge in machine learning, cyber security, statistics and optimisation, digital transformation, radio astronomy, the internet of things, signal processing, embedded systems, and renewable and power engineering. The school hosts research centres that are co-funded by industry and provide answers to demand-driven questions. Curtin University provides an outstanding career environment and a vast scope of industry, Government, and community collaborations. For more information on our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
- An undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (computer science, software engineering or cyber security) with considerable relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Intermediate or strong fundamental Linux knowledge.
- Knowledge or interest in how containerisation is achieved, and container runtime environments.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in security analysis/software engineering best practices.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of an agile team.
- Experience in virtualisation in any form, and knowledge or interest in how it is achieved.
- Experience in threat modelling/ penetration testing and secure system programming.
- Container experience with Docker and or Kubernetes in a production environment.
Monday, 11th of September 2023 4PM AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, and undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Specialist (Cybersecurity Awareness And Assurance), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:516019 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Level 8, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis Base salary range: $106,775 – $116,709 p.a. plus 17% superan...
Senior Research Officer, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Senior Research Officer , Curtin University, Australia, 4 days ago
A new role for a Senior Research Officer School to work on two exciting projects at the School of Earth and Planetary Sciences. $99,040 - $106,339 per annum plus 17% superannuation 2-year Fixed Te...
Identity And Access Management Analyst, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 26 days ago
Job no:515877 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Be part of a comprehensive cyber-security program Level 7 - 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for ...
Cybersecurity Architect, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:515878 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Work with a dynamic and motivated team of professionals who are embarking on a program of exciting and transfor...
Database Administrator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 26 days ago
Job no:515875 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Level 7 - 8, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis Base salary range: Level 7 $95,737 – $106,223 p.a. (pro-...