Work type:full time
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 6, $83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
This team of practitioners is focused on high performance outcomes, compliance and contributing to a pragmatic safety culture via the implementation of safe systems of work. This team operates across a broad portfolio including teaching, fieldwork support, laboratory management, instrument/equipment stewardship, research training/design/optimisation and analysis, program coordination, and workshop design, manufacture and repair.
About the opportunity
You will provide technical expertise and support to staff and students for any practical activities or research. You will work across all discipline areas to set up, modify and maintain operation of specialist equipment and provide technical support to design, manufacture and assemble a diverse range of teaching and research projects in consultation with academic staff and students. You may also be required to engage with clients and parties external to the University.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant technical trade qualifications or demonstrated equivalent competency. Trade qualification in fitting/machining or toolmaking is highly desirable
- Substantial relevant technical experience at an appropriate level
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- An extensive knowledge of workshop practices, procedures and relevant trades
- Ability to design, manufacture and assemble projects from a concept design to completion
- Ability to teach and demonstrate practical skills and supervise staff and students in practical workshops
- Experience in CAD, CAM (Fanuc or similar controllers and offline programming) and CNC machining
This position will require you to have a current ‘C’ class manual driver’s licence, the ability to fit the physical requirements of the position and some after-hours work may be required.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. In preparing your application you are asked to submit curriculum vitae and a document clearly addressing the selection criteria to demonstrate that you meet the criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: L6 Design and Manu Senior Technician 104040.pdf
Closing date: 11.55 PM AWST on Monday, 31 January 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:03 Jan 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:31 Jan 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Research Associate, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing Use your strong practical and research background to positively impact the data-science industry Two years fixed term full time role, with possibility ...
Research Associate, Social Psychology, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Psychological Science An opportunity to join an exciting international and interdisciplinary research project as a post-doctoral researcher in social psychology, based in the School of P...
Administrative Officer, Research, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Population and Global Health Part-time (0.4 FTE) appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months Base salary range: Level 5: $72,531 – $80,391 p.a. / Level 6: $83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Secondary D&T, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 (ALEVB) or $124,522 to $143,081 (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full-Time, Joondalup, Mount Lawley & South West Campus LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER – DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY (AND DIGITAL TECHNOLO...
Senior Lecturer, Nursing, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
$124,522 to $143,081 PA (ALEVC) Fixed-Term (3 years), Full-time, South-West (Bunbury) campus SENIOR LECTURER, NURSING SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY and SAINT JOHN OF GOD BUNBURY $124,522 to $143...
Senior Project Officer And Project Officer (Food Community), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 6 days ago
$66,813 - $71,161 pa (pro-rata) (HEW 4), or $73,257 - $81,404 pa (pro-rata) (HEW 5), Fixed term (3 years), part time, Jonndalup, Mount Lawley, or South-West campus Open to candidates with the rele...