- Based in Information Strategy and Technical Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Two (2) Full-time continuing positions
- Commencement Salary: $90,234 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Server Administrators: Systems Infrastructure to join our team. Reporting directly to the Manager: Systems Infrastructure, you will lead the development, support and maintenance of physical and virtual servers, data management systems, data protection, Email and identity management and security to support the University’s IT environment.
Using their substantial expertise and knowledge the incumbent will provide technical direction for complex IT problems; architectural leadership and is responsible for particular groupings of technologies in the systems infrastructure environment. This role also guides less experienced staff in the implementation and operationalisation of innovative projects and new technical solutions.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Design, document and provide technical leadership for the architecture of specific technologies associated with Systems Architecture
- Delegate work assignments and ensure that appropriate change management and security procedures are followed
- Develop and document standards for building, deploying, maintaining and supporting designated information technologies, services and applications
- Manage various projects relevant to area of technical architecture speciality
- Install, support and administer designated MS Windows and Linux based servers to provide a stable, consistent platform for other IT staff to install, develop and support designated applications
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive technical leadership and experience in design, documentation and provision of technical leadership for the architecture of specific technologies associated with Servers and Storage
- Relevant professional information technology experience in a complex networked computing environment comparable with that of the University and the interaction of protocols and services
- Extensive experience using the architecture of applications that are layered on top of the systems infrastructure environment including Active Directory, ADFS/AzureAD, Microsoft Exchange, Database and Web servers
- Experience in architectural design, development, maintenance, support and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OR MS Windows based servers
- Experience in server hardening and other security practices at the operating system and application levels of a complex information technology environment which integrates with the network security architecture
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4099.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 24 May 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Academic Opportunities In Uni Sa Creative (Level B/C) , University of South Australia ;, Australia, 25 days ago
Based in UniSA Creative at the City West Campus 3x full-time, continuing positions available at Level B, and 1x full-time, continuing position available at Level C Competitive remuneration package...
Business Development Manager, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 5 days ago
Based in the UniSA Online Unit at the City West campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Business Development Mana...
Senior Ids Cloud & Server Services Specialist, Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Enterprise Architect, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Full time continuing role Exciting opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Architecture Practice Offering a competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation Abo...
Enterprise Architect, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
X2 Full time 2 year fixed-term positions available Exciting opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Architecture Practice Offering a competitive remuneration package includi...
Solution Architect, University of Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
Two Full time 2 year fixed term positions Utilise your technical expertise to deliver innovation strategies in line with the University’s digital strategy Base Salary $138,799 + 17% superannuation...