Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health (CAMDH)
- An education and training role to optimise the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal Elders
- Level 7, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis to June 2024
- Base salary range: $92,679.00 – $102,830.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA’s Medical School brings together the brightest students, experienced clinicians and committed researchers to unlock the greatest health challenges of our day. Celebrating 60 years in 2017, the Medical School is an infinite source of teaching and learning for individuals who share our goal of delivering better health outcomes today and into the future.
The Centre of Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health (CAMDH) was established to promote the concept of holistic health care and cultural security in relation to Aboriginal health and health care practice, research and learning.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, join the culturally inclusive CAMDH Aboriginal Ageing Well Research team in an education and training role. You will work with our current Aboriginal health research teams, and community and service partners to co-design and deliver training packages based on research outcomes, including programs and resources co-developed with and for Aboriginal Elders.
You will have strong communication skills with experience in training and education, and the ability to work with the Aboriginal community and organisations in a culturally safe manner.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a health or education-related field or demonstrated equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in developing training and education resources
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training and education
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal culturally safe practice
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, problem solve and work productively as part of a culturally inclusive and diverse research team
Note: A Current “C” class driver’s licence is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description Senior Research Officer.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday 14th March 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Kate Smith at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:27 Feb 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:14 Mar 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Lecturer Political Science And Public Policy, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Political sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application Deadl...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 27 days ago
26 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Lecturer Computer Science, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
$105,832 to $125,043 p.a. (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights SCHOOL OF SCIENCE JOONDALUP CAMPUS $105,832 TO $125,043 P.A. PLUS 17% SUPERANN...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Environmental Management/ Molecular Ecology, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 4 days ago
$105,832 to $125,043 p.a (Level B), $128,880 to $148,089 p.a. (Level C) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights SCHOOL OF SCIENCE JOONDALUP CAMPUS $105,83...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Marine Science, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
$105,832 to $125,043 p.a (Level B), $128,880 to $148,089 p.a. (Level C) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER IN MARINE SCIENCE...