Job Reference: 840870
School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
The School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry is renowned for its unique, ground-breaking combinations of critical and creative research in the domains of digital futures, social justice, international relations, and cultural industries.
This position will join the team working part-time on Professor Kim Scott’s ARC Future Fellowship Project - Narrative, Technologies and Wirlomin Moorditj-abiny.
For further information, see www.wirlomin.com.au
Your new role
This senior professional position provides high level research and administrative support to the Academic Project Lead across a range of functions associated with the successful execution of the research project. As a Senior Research Officer, you will:
- Engage with the Community and collaborate with stakeholders including funding bodies, not for profit organisations and other areas within Curtin
- Manage research data - in particular the development and maintenance of a digital archive, map and website - and contribute to research reports and publications
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the project, including policy development; event management; finance; maintaining distribution and membership lists
- Develop policies and implement procedures for the project
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- State of the art offices and agile working.
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks and coffee shops
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for on-going career development and opportunity to attend national and international conferences
- Work has commenced on the extension to Curtin’s facilities; Exchange is dedicated to being an industry-connected innovation precinct.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
- A degree in a relevant discipline with considerable relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Previous stakeholder liaison experience and the ability to plan, implement and evaluate communications and engagement strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management concepts and practices
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage project activities to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated high-level problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to analyse experimental/research results and report on findings
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex material in clear and concise language and contribute to research reports and publications.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computer applications and relevant digital technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment
- You will require a working with children check (WWC).
COVID 19 – Vaccination Policy
Candidates should note that some Curtin University positions are covered by the Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces. www.wa.gov.au/government/announcements/mandatory-covid-19-vaccination-policy-wa-workforces
If the position you are applying for is covered by this policy, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status (or formally granted exemption) prior to commencing employment.
To apply, please complete the online application form via the link below, noting we cannot accept resumes sent to the below email address.
Please provide a cover letter and resume that includes sufficient information and examples relating to the relevant selection criteria (outlined above) to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the Position Description for this role for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9:00PM AWST, Thursday 3rd February 2022
If you have any queries in relation to the application process please contact our careers team at email@example.com.
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2022).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Head Gardener, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:509380 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Trades & Services, Campus / facilities management UniHall Maintain and have strong involvement of ongoing design of the beautiful grou...
Senior Project Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
Job no:509555 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support, Research support, Indigenous Studies School of Indigenous Studies - The Poche Centre for Indigeno...
Project Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:509625 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Information Technology University IT Leading projects in the digital transformation of services for a World Top 100 University Full-...
Scientific Support Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:509478 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support, Research support School of Population and Global Health The Raine Study Be a part of a friendly an...
Program Coordinator (Forrest Research Foundation), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:509596 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Forrest Research Foundation Full-time, fixed-term opportunity for 18 months, with possibility of ex...
Network Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
University IT Join us in building and deploying a modern dynamic network at UWA using newly acquired equipment. Be part of a dynamic and motivated team delivering real outcomes. Full-time, ongoin...