21 Sep 2023
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
3 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Fixed Term Until December 2026 | Full-Time
- Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park / Kaurna Country
- View Position Description
College of Medicine and Public Health
At the College of Medicine and Public Health, we deliver clinical, population and lab-based research, integrated teaching programs and high-quality clinical services. Our footprint reaches out from our world class teaching hospital at the Flinders Medical Centre in South Australia to multiple rural clinical locations all the way to Darwin in the Northern Territory. Our research and teaching equip the next generation of leaders and innovators with the skill, commitment, and vision to protect communities and truly advance health outcomes. It is at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role
The position will take a lead role in developing, managing and implementing research projects and in expanding the College’s research activities through the attraction of external grants and research contracts, delivering on strategic research objectives, establishing and maintaining industry and research partnerships, identifying commercially relevant outputs and building the University’s national and international reputation through high quality publications and strong research collaborations. Furthermore, the role will require you to successfully collaborate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, communities and organisations in areas such as child protection, safe quality health services and social and emotional wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health or Public Health
- Demonstrated evidence of an outstanding research track record (for career stage) in an area aligned with research strengths in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health or Public Health or Indigenous research methodologies, including evidence of sustained high-quality publications with corresponding authorship and attraction of competitive grants.
- Demonstrated track record of supervision of honours and higher degree students to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective research collaborations within the university and wider community including with industry, government and other organisations.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work as part of a collective, as well as ability to establish effective relationships with staff, students and industry nationally and/or internationally.
- Experience with project and academic writing.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Our Commitment to Reconciliation and Indigenous Employment
Flinders University is proud to be an organisation that is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan and Indigenous Workforce Strategy. Our vision is to be a preferred employer for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We are committed to progressing Indigenous advancement in education, research, employment, and wellbeing.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Tamara Mackean or Shane D’Angelo
- Please see here for our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Please see here for our Indigenous Workforce Strategy
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
03 Oct 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (A) (With Ph D), University of Adelaide, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no:513051 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level A, Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Economics (Level A) $72,829 to $97,927 per annum plus an employer contribution...
Research Assistant, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Full-time, 12-month fixed-term opportunity, with possibility of extension A great opportunity to work with the Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use on an Australian Gover...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Human Computer Interaction, University of Sydney, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Full-time, 3 years fixed term. Located on the Darlington Campus at the School of Computer Sciences Opportunity to contribute to research in novel interactive systems, extended reality, and human-c...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Associate Full time, 1 year fixed term with possibility of extension Exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Matilda Centre for Research in Men...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Full time, 2 years fixed term with possibility of extension Exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use on...
Level A/B Post Doctoral Research Fellow Wildlife Forensics (Arc Laureate Program), University of Adelaide, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Job no:513077 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level A, Level B, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology Level A ($75,888- $102,040); Level B ($107,276 - $126,89...