6 Jun 2023
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
18 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Fixed term until June 2026 | Full-Time
- Academic Level C | $124,109 - $142,764 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the RePaDD Centre and the National Palliative Care Projects
The Research Centre for Palliative Care, Death, and Dying (RePaDD) is nationally known for its research and projects which seek to make a difference to the care provided at the end of life. We do this by examining the issues and challenges experienced by people living with a life-limiting illness, their carers, and the health and social care professionals supporting them. We develop innovative solutions and advance the knowledge and evidence in palliative care to improve society’s experience of death and dying.
We are responsible for national palliative care projects that focus on improving palliative care education and training for the primary care, acute care and aged care workforces and raising awareness of palliative care and advance care planning. This includes the funding for recently announced 2023-2026 national palliative care projects including CareSearch/palliAGED and ELDAC. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in research that makes a difference to individuals, services, organisations, and communities. It is also a chance to work with a highly skilled and committed project team building evidence and developing practice ready knowledge and resources. You will also be able to develop your knowledge and experience in working with researchers with expertise across health and digital health, education, marketing and communications, and community and health services research.
About the Role
ELDAC (End of Life Directions for Aged Care) is a national program of work being delivered by a consortium comprising three universities and four peak bodies to improve palliative care in aged care. The Flinders team hosts the ELDAC website, manages marketing activities and develops digital innovations. The project is contingent on the award of grant funding for the project.
We are looking for a supportive academic manager to lead the ELDAC team to success via project activities and achieving milestones. Supervising both academic and professional staff across research, web and marketing teams, the incumbent will help design systems to facilitate greater reach of ELDAC resources. Collaboration is an important aspect of the role, establishing new relationships with researchers and building Flinders University’s national and international reputation. Representation as a leader of ELDAC at academic events including meetings, conferences and forums will be expected of the Senior Research Fellow. Some out of hour’s work including weekends, and interstate and overseas travel may be required.
Please note this position involves only a research component. There are no teaching components of the role.
We are looking for a senior leader capable of managing several large projects and meeting deadlines with success. A developed researcher, the incumbent will have evidence of high-quality publication, attraction of competitive grants and an understanding of the palliative care service and associated end-of-life care considerations. Conceptual and analytical, our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be able to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders, including managing the research team, working with staff students, industry, and international collaborators from all backgrounds.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant field including clinical, business, health informatics or policy.
- An understanding of the role of evidence in clinical practice and service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of palliative care and end of life care issues and considerations in aged care.
- Evidence of high-quality peer-reviewed publications and demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including writing journal publications, and presenting project reports.
- An ability to take initiative and exercise judgement in solving problems and make decisions under limited direction.
- Postgrad qualifications in business or management (desirable).
- An understanding of health informatics or technology (desirable).
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Professor Jennifer Tieman .
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
National Police Check - Australian Federal Police
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
18 June 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Research Assistant Digital Technology And Stem, La Trobe University, Australia, 11 days ago
Part-Time (2 days per week), Fixed-Term until end of 2024 Campus independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora), Victorian regional campuses or Sydney Campus Be part of a...
Grant Funded Researcher (B), University of Adelaide, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Job no:512720 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B (Level A) $75,888 to $102,040 or (Level B) $107,276 to $126,894 per annum pl...
Internal Grant Funded Researcher B, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Job no:512608 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B (Level B) $107,276 to $126,894 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (A) Computer Vision Applications, University of Adelaide, Australia, 17 days ago
Job no:512663 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level A, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology Level A $75,888 - $102,040 per annum plus an employer contributio...
Snow Postdoctoral Associate, University of Sydney, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Two full time, 3 year fixed term positions available. Located on the Darlington Campus at the School of Biomedical Engineering Opportunity to contribute to innovative research in either mechanobio...
Arc Grant Funded Researcher (B) Physics, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job no:512766 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level B, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (Level B) $107,276-$126,894 per annum plus an employer contributi...