1 Jun 2023
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
18 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
School of Agriculture and Environment
NESP Resilient Landscapes Hub
- Level 7, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis to 30 December 2027
- Base salary range: $92,679 - $102,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Resilient Landscapes Hub is one of four research Hubs under the Australian Government’s National Environmental Science Program. The Hub provides research to inform the management of Australia’s terrestrial and freshwater habitats to promote resilience, sustainability, and productive practices. The Resilient Landscapes Hub delivers applied research to support the management of Australia’s terrestrial and freshwater habitats, including a focus on bushfire recovery, feral animals and invasive species impacts, and accessible science to assist land managers develop and maintain resilient, sustainable, and productive landscapes.
About the opportunity
You will provide research co-ordination support to the area and to the Hub Leader. You will respond to complex and diverse enquiries using expertise and judgement to independently analyse and solve problems, provide informed advice and provide senior administrative and executive support to the Hub. You will ensure the delivery of efficient operations and the provision of key research deliverables for the Hub.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive research co-ordination and administration experience at an appropriate level
- Substantial experience in research planning, reporting, scheduling and resource allocation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and collaborate with various people in different locations to achieve research outcomes
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and co-ordinate operations of a research unit
- Ability to manage budgets and collate reports
Note: A current Driver’s licence is a requirement of this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: 321373 - Senior Research Coordinator - Level 7.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 18 June 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Michael Douglas on email Michael.Douglas@uwa.edu.au
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Brian Metcalf Chair In Biological Chemistry, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
The University of Western Australia is a leading global university, renowned for excellence in education and research. Today, UWA is among the top 100 universities in the world, number one in Wes...
English Language Teacher Casual, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
Job no:515371 Work type:casual Location:Claremont Categories:Education, Teaching support and design UWA Centre for English Language Teaching Casual appointment- building up our relief and course t...
Student Transition Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Job no:515487 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services University Hall UWA Level 4, full-time on an ongoing basis Base salary range: $70,905 – $75,...
Accommodation Concierge, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
Job no:515097 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services Level 5, full-time and ongoing appointment Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. plus 17...
Graduate Research Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 21 days ago
Job no:515238 Work type:full time Location:Royal Perth Hospital Categories:Research support UWA Medical School Position based at Royal Perth Hospital Medical Research Foundation campus Level 5, fu...
Senior Network Engineer Connected Campus, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
Job no:515334 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology An exciting opportunity to join a team of progressive network professionals deploying a modern network across t...