- Full time continuing position
- Opportunity for a Senior Product Specialist to champion and lead the development of ICT’s portfolio of products and services within the Student Administration domain.
- Base Salary $ 138,799 + 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is on a journey of transformation. Information and Communications Technology is helping navigate the path. Enabling our educators. Powering our researchers. Empowering our students. Creating tomorrow today is what our team does. We are all about the future.
It’s a bold mission that began in 1850 and continues every day. Our team is driven by a deep conviction that technology can make a positive difference today and can transform the future. We take this journey because we are innovators, leaders and change-makers. The University recognises what we are. We know who we are. It’s an exciting ride that inspires us and the University community.
About the opportunity
The Senior Product Specialist is expected to have deep domain understating of ICT Product Portfolio comprising of its applications, services, business processes and workflows to deliver products and underlying services to support university activities.
Utilising their extensive knowledge and experience across the platforms and applications in the student administration domain, they will work as an integral part of the Product team to deliver services in this area. This role will be accountable for providing guidance and expertise in the appropriate uplift and use of technologies within the domain in particular Sydney Student (SITS).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- engages and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the University to progress initiatives and to ensure ongoing achievement of product teams
- collaborates with teams, internal/external stakeholders, and vendors within a product team, ensuring key needs and requirements are understood and conflicting needs managed effectively
- leads discussions, provides guidance and drives adoption of best practice and principles for product improvements
- manages the delivery of new features and enhancements, including working with ICT, vendors and SMEs across the University using agile methodology
- contributes to the prioritisation of capabilities in product backlogs based on stakeholder needs and available resourcing
- ensures cohesive documentation for developers, support personnel, and end users is up to date, relevant and of a high quality, and easily accessible
- demonstrated ability to manage and maintain services, technologies and products in a holistic and consistent fashion in complex environments
- experience in a large and complex higher education organisation demonstrated by a working knowledge of the higher education sector, major business processes and key performance indicators
- experience leading cross functional teams and a solid understanding of the agile software development lifecycle
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and Expenditure for a project.
- understanding of wider Enterprise Architecture perspective and what aligns to enterprise direction
- ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary and pan-institutional team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sana Goswami, Recruitment Operations, on 0432 179 410 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Applications CloseTuesday 15 November 2022 11:59 PM
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer In Nutrition And Dietetics, Flinders University, Australia, 4 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 2 years Full-Time Teaching Specialist (Clinical / Practitioner) Level A | $79,828-$96,742 p.a. Teaching Specialist (Clinical / Practitioner) Level B | $101-724-$120...
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer In Corporate And Business Law, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
Position Details Continuing | Full-Time Academic Level A| $ $79,828-$96,742 p.a. Academic Level B| $101-724-$120,380 Location: Bedford Park View Position Description for Associate Lecturer in Corp...
Digital Officer: User Experience (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Based in UniSA Communications and Marketing at the City West campus Full-time, 2-year fixed-term contract Salary: $84,539 - $92,941 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role We are seekin...
Digital Content Producer, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
Position Details Fixed term for up to 1 year | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the Role We have an exciti...
Senior Cyber Security Specialist (Heo 7), University of South Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Salary range: $92,941 - $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role ...
Clinical Academic In Paediatric Medicine, Flinders University, Australia, 1 day ago
Position Details Continuing | Full-Time at 1.0 FTE Flinders University Academic Level C/D | $124,109 - $165,910 (SALHN top-up applicable) Location: Flinders University & Flinders Medical Centre Vi...