- Full-time (1.0 FTE), continuing position
- Commencement salary: $117,998 plus 17% superannuation
- Based in vibrant, highly affordable Adelaide
About the Role
The Senior Philanthropy Manager (Major Gifts) is a critical role in supporting the growth of UniSA through development and management of the University’s philanthropy strategies and operations. Reporting to the Director: Advancement Services, the role works with senior leaders to identify and manage strategic philanthropic relationships and institutional partnerships, identifying worthy projects and developing deeply engaged relationships with prospects to secure vital funding from major donors.
- Develop and implement a University wide philanthropy strategic plan aligned to University Enterprise 25 ambitions and the University’s research strategies
- Liaise extensively with senior University staff to identify, cultivate and steward significant fundraising related relationships
- Provide leadership for the development team and the University in negotiating and securing major gifts from philanthropic prospects and partnerships
- Identify, manage and support the stewardship of national and international corporate and personal philanthropists and sponsors
- In association with Academic Units and research concentrations, develop specific projects to provide large scale propositions to attract major gifts/sponsorship and other philanthropic support
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, fundraising, public relations, business development or other relevant field of study, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Significant major gifts experience with a demonstrated track record securing multiple major gifts from individuals, Private Ancillary Funds or Foundations
- Evidence of a significant corporate and professional network and expert knowledge and understanding of issues relating to philanthropy and fundraising
- Highly developed interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with the sincerity, tact and diplomacy to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- Exceptional and ethical influencing and negotiation skills enabling the conversion of relationships that result in funding commitments
Culture & Benefits
UniSA is South Australia’s largest university ranked amongst the very best young universities in the world. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes innovation anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Every day we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
We offer a generous superannuation contribution of 17% and other benefits include professional development support, potential relocation support, flexible work arrangements and salary sacrifice options. Our family friendly approach and focus on work/life wellbeing will ensure you enjoy the many benefits of living and working in vibrant, highly affordable Adelaide , consistently ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2935.
Applications close: 11:30pm Sunday 9 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Senior Development Manager (S Ai Genci), University of Adelaide, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job no:505458 Work type:Continuing - Full-time, Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Management The South Australian immunoGENomics Cancer Institute (SAiGENCI) will be the state’s wor...
Director Of Advancement, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Job no:505447 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:External Relations, Management The University of Adelaide is consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities...
Director Poche Sa + Nt, Flinders University, Australia, 7 days ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Alumni Relations Officer, University of Adelaide, Australia, 9 days ago
Job no:505564 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:External Relations, HEO6 (HEO6) $81,254 to $87,770 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may...
Ref 2090/21 Multisite Coordinator, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $64,923 to $70,053 p.a. (pro rata) Part-Time at 21 hours per week, Fixed-Term Position until 30 June 2022 Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-t...
Ref 2088/21 Trial Coordinator, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $51,614 to $58,459 p.a. (pro-rata) Part-Time at 21 hours per week, Fixed-Term position until 30 April 2022 Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-...