Work type:full time
- An exciting opportunity to join a team of progressive network professionals deploying a modern network across the university.
- Level 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term until December 2024
- Base salary range: Level 8 $103,364 – $112,981 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
The Connected Campus project aims to design and deliver contemporary network services in support of the University’s strategic teaching and research goals while driving operational excellence.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will operate independently and provide support to the Manager (Connected Campus) in network and communications services development and design, the implementation of best practices, project planning, and networks and communications maintenance and support.
- Minimum 10 years broad professional work experience and at least 5 years in networking.
- Minimum Cisco Certifications of CCNA
- Sound knowledge of technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience Solid grasp of network technologies, including Software Defined Networks, MPLS Networks, BGP, and IPV4 and IPV6 ISE and DNAC
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- ITIL Certification or demonstrated experience in ITIL processes is desirable
- Substantial relevant computing experience in architecture, standards, documentation, operations and technical management of network and telecommunications infrastructure and services including high availability configurations and performance analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret needs and recommend appropriate solutions within a changing environment
- Ability to establish positive stakeholder relationships and whilst always remaining fully customer focused
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
Note: Some after-hours work and travel outside the Perth metro area will be required
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Network Engineer - Connected Campus 515334.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 11 September 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Brett Kelly on (08) 6488 4793 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:28 Aug 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:11 Sep 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Lecturer, Accounting And Finance, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 15 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Associate Lecturer Or Lecturer In Chemistry And Biochemistry, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australi...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Engineering Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 15 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...
Senior Research Officer, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 15 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Senior Research Officer, Curtin University, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job Reference: 1140225 The role is assigned to two projects, as described below. “Marine Optical Network” (“MarONet”) project (0.4 FTE) MarONet is a marine optical buoy to be deployed off Perth, W...