- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 31 March 2026
- Commencement Salary: $117,998 per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
The Defence Artificial Intelligence Research Network (DAIRNet) will establish and sustain a community of Artificial Intelligence researchers from government, academia and industry, working together in an environment that stimulates new ideas and knowledge and supports evaluation, testing and integration of novel technology into the Defence ecosystem and, where practical, also into Australian civil applications.
As the Senior Manager you will lead the establishment of the network through your contributions to its management and research strategies. You will coordinate a network of Artificial Intelligence (AI) specialists from academia and industry to develop a world class collective of AI focussed minds. Your relationships with DSTG and key external clients will assist you to understand key AI challenges and identify further opportunities in the field.
About UniSA STEM
At the forefront of cross-disciplinary collaboration, UniSA STEM is developing the next wave of innovative thinkers and new possibilities. Harnessing connections across science, technology, engineering and mathematics, we create innovative solutions and ground-breaking developments across teaching, learning and research.
- Contribute to a comprehensive DAIRNet management strategy and develop a research strategy that aligns with the broader DAIRNet strategy
- Manage the research call process and the incoming project proposals for consideration by DSTG and DAIRNet
- Plan and manage outreach activities, networking and other events such as annual conference, symposium, master classes and challenge sessions
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with DSTG and other key external clients
- Manage a range of strategic projects and/or initiatives and provide expert advice on risks and interdependencies
- Manage the process of identification, evaluation, and protection of intellectual property (IP) and with DSTG and UniSA Ventures explore commercial opportunities for DAIRNet IP
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive commercial contract, project and research management experience in a complex organisation
- Experience in strategy development, generating new business and managing strategic relationships
- Highly developed communications skills including experience presentation to stakeholders, and in the preparation of reports
- Influencing and negotiation skills and the capacity to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Experience in management and leadership of teams
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2990.
Applications close: 11.30pm Thursday 27 May 2021
Applications are welcomed from Australian citizens, currently residing in Australia only. Appointment is subject to a Personnel Security Clearance at NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL 1 being obtained and maintained.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Grant Funded Researcher (B) School Of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Job no:505675 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Level B (Level B) $100,933 to $104,624 per annum plus an employe...
Research Contracts Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Mechanical Engineer, University of Adelaide, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:505593 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, HEO5 (HEO5) $72,832 to $80,983 per annum plus an employer contribution of up t...
Ref 2088/21 Trial Coordinator, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $51,614 to $58,459 p.a. (pro-rata) Part-Time at 21 hours per week, Fixed-Term position until 30 April 2022 Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-...
Ref 2090/21 Multisite Coordinator, School Of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $64,923 to $70,053 p.a. (pro rata) Part-Time at 21 hours per week, Fixed-Term Position until 30 June 2022 Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-t...
Grant Funded Researcher (A) School Of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Job no:505530 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Level A (Level A) $89,610 to $96,007 per annum plus an employer ...