Work type:full time
Categories:Health and Medical Sciences, Social Sciences
Social Work & Social Policy
- Small, cohesive and supportive team
- Full-time appointment on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: Level C $128,152 – $147,413 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The School of Allied Health at The University of Western Australia is a research-intensive academic organisation giving material expression to the belief that excellence in research underpins excellence in teaching and community partnerships. The School has a reputation for a strong evidence based approach to research and education that is used for policy and practice development. The School aspires to be a school in which staff and students feel valued and supported in their individual and collective efforts to improve community health and wellbeing. The Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy is located in the School and offers a two year postgraduate Master of Social Work along with Higher Degree by Research option and Graduate Certificates in Child Protection and Mental Health
About the opportunity
The Senior Lecturer will be responsible to the Head of Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy with accountability to the Head of School of Allied Health. The appointee will be motivated to deliver quality teaching and unit co-ordination in Social Work and Social Policy courses. They will oversee the design and development of one or more units, supervision for student dissertation research projects and marking of dissertation projects and presentations and supervision of HDR students. They will actively participate in developing the Social Work and Social Policy teaching and research strategy to align with the School of Allied Health’s teaching and research strategy.
They will also undertake research and actively strive to obtain research funding, individually or in collaboration, as well as supervising research students and contribute to the academic environment of the School.
You are a motivated, passionate and creative individual who values teamwork and strong community and industry engagement. You consistently show initiative, are energetic and enthusiastic with established connections in the social work community and ideas for growth and innovation.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- A PhD qualification is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and teaching experience in a university environment. A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and coordinate academic units and programs in teaching and learning.
- Familiarity with flexible teaching methods, such as case enhanced learning and e-learning.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience in obtaining research grants and undertaking research.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience to write and publish journal articles and other publications.
- Evidence of supervision of students’ research in a university environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in management and organisational skills and leadership qualities.
- Evidence of a high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels.
- Eligibility for membership and maintenance of good standing with the Australian Association of Social Workers.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Senior Lecturer - 512691.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Thursday 13th October 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Stephan Lund on +61 8 6488 1316 or at email@example.com
This position is open to international applicants.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:15 Sep 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:13 Oct 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Research Associate, Geonomics / Molecular Biology, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Researcher with experience and skills in geonomics or molecular biology to work in an exciting research initiative funded by the DNA Zoo Australia Level A...
Program Coordinator, Dna Zoo Australia, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Level 6, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 2 years Base salary range: $84,665 - $89,477 p.a. plus 10.5% superannuation The University of Wes...
Research Associate, Computational Biology / Bioinformatics, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Researcher with experience and skills in computational biology or bioinformatics to work in an exciting research initiative funded by the DNA Zoo Australi...
Research Associate, Soil Scientist / Molecular Ecologist, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 4 days ago
Fixed term 24 months and full time appointment Research intensive position with a start date as soon as possible Salary range: Level A $74,236 - $99,905 p.a. plus 17% superannuation (appointment l...
Follow Up Co Ordinator, Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 11 days ago
School of Population and Global Health Two part time opportunities available to commence in early February 2023 Part-time (0.5FTE and 0.6FTE), fixed term appointments for 3 years Base salary range...
Lecturer, Nursing (Level A), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
$75,193 to $100,797 pa (Level A) Ongoing, Full-time, South West campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents LECTURER NURSING SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY...