- Contribute to the teaching & research efforts within the Discipline of Nursing
- Part Time .8, Fixed Term 3.9 years Appointment, based at the Peaceful, leafy Bundoora Campus
- Remuneration at Academic Level C
About the position
The School of Nursing and Midwifery undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in Nursing, Midwifery, Maternal, Family and Child Health, Ageing and Aged Care, Health Service Design, Health and Wellbeing, Time Critical Nursing, Mental Health and Workforce. These interconnected programs combine to form Centres of Excellence based within our clinical networks and Research Centres.
The School is seeking a Level C academic with expertise in contemporary nursing practice and facilitating undergraduate and postgraduate education. The successful candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the research reputation of the Nursing discipline in the School, meaningfully engage with local hospital partners and undertake research resulting in publications with leading publishers in the field.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching.
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce conference and seminar papers and publications resulting from that research.
- Contribute to building a robust and ambitious research culture within La Trobe.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education or evidence of equivalent professional preparation for HE teaching.
Please refer to the Position Descriptions for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 25th June, 2023
Position Enquiries: Kristina Edvardsson, Associate Professor, Office of Nursing & Midwifery, Email, K.Edvardsson@latrobe.edu.au , Phone 03 9479 8804
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email email@example.com , Phone 03 9479 5191
Position Description below:
PD-Senior Lectuer, Nursing.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
Please scroll down to apply.
We’d love to stay connected! If you would like to find out more about this School, please follow us on LinkedIn:
School of Nursing and Midwifery: https://www.linkedin.com/company/73864260
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Lecturer (Genetics / Evolutionary Biology), LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 23 days ago
30 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LA TROBE UNIVERSITY Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Application Deadline 19 Sep 202...
Research Director, Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre & Professor Of Neurodiversity And Education, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 23 hours ago
21 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LA TROBE UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher...
Lecturer & Placement Coordinator, Rehabilitation Counselling, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 23 hours ago
21 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LA TROBE UNIVERSITY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Australia Application Deadline 18 Oct ...
Associate Lecturer, Computer Science And It (Tf), LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 23 days ago
30 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LA TROBE UNIVERSITY Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia App...
Lecturer, Nursing, RMIT University, Australia, 10 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary Academic Level B ($105,548 - $125,341) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to w...
Chair In Nursing (Western Health Partnership), Deakin University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545185 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Predominantly based at Western Health, an office in Burwood Campus will also be arranged. Full-time (36.7...