Job Reference: 883317
Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 years ago, the school has been a key part of the University’s drive to be a leader in health sciences education and research. The school delivers a range of undergraduate courses in nursing, oral health therapy and paramedicine; and specialist postgraduate courses in areas ranging from diabetes and critical care, to child health and midwifery.
TheChild and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS)
is proud to be the leading service provider for children’s healthcare in Western Australia, as the State’s only dedicated health service for infants, children and young people. CAHS is made up four service areas: Neonatology, Community Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), and Perth Children’s Hospital (PCH). Consisting of over 5,500 employees, our services are delivered at PCH and King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH), as well as across a network of more than 160 community clinics across the metropolitan area.
In this role you will
In this specialist role, you will be responsible for leading, promoting, translating, and implementing nursing research to support strategic priorities and imperatives in CAHS Community Health. This position will inform and support evidenced based community health nursing practice offered to infants, children, adolescents and families in this health setting. The successful applicant will ideally have a keen interest in the interface between community health nursing and the social determinants of health; population health; and primary care, health promotion and prevention in children and adolescents.
- Deliver high quality and innovative teaching to undergraduate, and postgraduate students across a range of modes and levels.
- Conduct tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions as appropriate, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Act as course coordinator.
- Supervise Higher Degree Research students
- Conduct national and international impactful and translational research
- Develop a coherent programme of research in collaboration with the Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS)
- Provide leadership and build research capacity, in a range of projects with Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS)
- Actively seek and act as co or chief investigator in applications for competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Disseminate and publish research findings in journals, seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Be involved and lead research groups and committees at both Curtin and the Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS)
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
- A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline.
- Proven high level teaching skills with a demonstrated reflective approach to teaching.
- A significant contribution to scholarship in teaching and experience in curriculum development and unit/course coordination.
- An established record of research outputs/creative works in high quality refereed academic journals/outlets consistent with the discipline.
- Evidence of an established national reputation and growing international profile and a record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead major curriculum and/or research initiatives, provide mentoring to less experienced staff and supervise HDR students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- Prior to appointment, the recommended applicant/s will need to have a current criminal record check in accordance with the University's National Police Certificate Assessment Procedures.
Candidates should note that Curtin University has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedures which covers all staff, students, campuses and activities, effective 21 February 2022.
If you are invited to attend the next stage of assessments, you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status, including your booster if eligible (or formally granted exemption) upon arrival, and if you are offered a role at Curtin, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status prior to commencing employment.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter addressing the specific selection criteria and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
Applications close: 10pm Wednesday 1st June 2022
If you have any queries in relation to the requirements of this role please contact:
Tracey Moroney – Head of School, Curtin School of Nursing on firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2022).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Software Research Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no:509177 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology, Technical/Laboratory support International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Full-time appointment o...
Research Associate, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing Use your strong practical and research background to positively impact the data-science industry Two years fixed term full time role, with possibility ...
Accounts Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Accommodation and Commercial Full-time on an ongoing basis Level 4: Base salary range: $67,294 – $71,483 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst t...
Librarian (Collection And Access Services), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 15 days ago
University Library Two available positions One full-time appointment on an ongoing basis One full-time, appointment on a fixed term basis for 2 years Base salary range: Level 6 - $83,005 – $87,723...
Sourcing And Contracts Specialist, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
Level 7, full-time appointment on a six-month fixed term basis Base salary: $90,862 to $100,814 p.a. plus 17% superannuation About the team Finance supports the mission of the University by provid...
Data Analyst, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 13 days ago
Strategy, Planning and Performance Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 6: $83,005 - $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst ...