24 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
31 Jul 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and Continuing
- Academic Level C $127,561 - $146,683/ Academic Level D $153,058 - $168,353 + 17% Superannuation
Deakin Business School is in the top 1% of business schools globally, holding both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations. These prestigious accreditations are awarded to business schools that meet strict standards of quality, academic and professional excellence, and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing improvement and innovation in their courses, ensuring our graduates are employable worldwide.
The Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor will be actively involved in research, research training, teaching, academic and professional service and engagement, industry partnerships and professional activity in the Department of Economics.
The Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor will play a major role to achieve the Department’s strategic plan and contribute to the Department’s research and education. Applications are open to candidates in any field of economics.
Key selection criteria include:
- PhD in Economics
- Internationally recognised research reputation underpinned by publications in high quality journals and funded research projects and/or grants
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs, including innovative curriculum design and research supervision
- Successful engagement with research, community, industry and government to enhance the national standing of the discipline
- Demonstrated capacity and passion for leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and a strong commitment to contribute to harmonious culture in the Department and the Faculty.
- Publish in internationally recognised top-field and top general interest journals;
- Attract externally funded research projects linked with national and international funding bodies;
- Work collaboratively with teaching teams across the Department/University to improve student learning outcomes.
- Lead course design and innovative teaching practices integrated with industry and informed by high quality research.
- Deliver learner-centric teaching practices across different levels/modes of delivery.
- Contribute to the culture of collaboration and research and teaching excellence across the Department and the University.
- Provide effective mentoring to junior staff and PhD students
- Work harmoniously with the Department and Faculty leadership on day-to-day matters and to enhance the national and international standing of the organisation.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Associate Professor.pdf
PD - Senior Lecturer.pdf
Applications for this position close on 31 July 2023.
- Working With Children Check
- Occasional interstate or overseas travel and regular travel within Victoria may be required.
Please submit your resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
Review of the applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Prof Mehmet Ulubasoglu, Head of Department, Economics at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
- Number of offers available
- DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, Finance, Deakin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:544985 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Business Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus or Geelong Waterfront Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 ...
Management Accountant, Deakin University, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:545407 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Flexible location, Burwood or Geelong Full-time and continuing HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918 + 17% Superan...
Student Wellbeing Liaison, Deakin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:545805 Work type:Part-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Student Services Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Part-time 0.4 (14.7 hours per week) and Continuing HEW 7...
Lecturer, Deakin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:545753 Work type:Part-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Lecturer Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus 0.8 FTE and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739 + 17% ...
Share Point Product Owner, Deakin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:545772 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Information Technology, Customer Service Product Owner (Sharepoint) Join us as a SharePoint Product Owner, focus...
Senior Contracts Advisor, Deakin University, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:544556 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible, Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Administration Flexible location Full-time and fixed term HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918 ...