Apply now Job no:499276
Work type:Continuing - Full-time
Categories:Faculty of the Professions, Level C
- Adelaide Business School
- Continuing full-time position
- Senior Lecturer (Level C) in International Business
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the prestigious Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics, the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, Institute for International Trade, Centre for Global Food and Resources and the Future of Employment and Skills Research Centre. The faculty offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and has strong connections with business and industry. It offers a contemporary, intellectually stimulating and rewarding working environment.
The Adelaide Business School, in the Faculty of the Professions, is seeking to appoint an exceptional individual in Management, with expertise in teaching International Business, especially Cross-Cultural Management, and in particular at the MBA level. The School has large undergraduate and graduate programs, and looks to underpin its teaching with first-class published research. The programs are internationally focused and emphasise employer and professional engagement.
You will have the capacity to provide leadership in International Business scholarship, including curriculum development and program management and promotion. A demonstrated commitment to MBA teaching excellence and student support will be expected. Teaching load and compensation package are comparable to our peer institutions in the top Group of Eight Australian Universities.
Salary: (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately and preferably no later than 12 November 2018.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in International Business or a related field
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development and course design, particularly in cross-cultural management
- Demonstrated ability to build significant and rapid growth in International Business programs
- Proven excellence in teaching postgraduate courses in the field of International Business, including post-experience MBA courses or equivalent
- Commitment to working collaboratively with students to ensure a positive learning experience
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in design and delivery of learning based on personal development, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with professional staff and other academics, to provide leadership in an academic environment, and to mentor and develop staff at lower levels
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in cross-cultural management
- Demonstrated people and program leadership
- Practical exposure to a range of national cultures (Desirable)
- Industry experience – working in industry, consulting to industry and engaging with industry (Desirable)
- Professional qualification in facilitating self-awareness as part of program learning (Desirable)
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Sam Wells, Director of Academic Experience, Adelaide Business School, on tel: +61 8 8313 8336 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11.55pm, 23 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised:25 Sep 2018 12:00 AM Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:23 Oct 2018 11:55 PM Cen. Australia Daylight Time
International Recruitment And Mobility Support Officer (Heo 4), University of South Australia, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Based in UniSA International located at 101 Currie Street, Adelaide Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed term contract until August 2019 Salary range: $61,431 - $69,442 pro rata per annum (plus super) About...
Senior Lecturer Or Lecturer (Mechanical Engineering), University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Remuneration range $110,305 to $154,460 pa Full-time continuing appointment Springfield campus School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering About us USQ’s School of Mechanical and Electrical En...
Business Liaison (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Based in the Australian Centre for Business Growth located at City West campus Full-time, fixed term contract up to 30 June 2020 (with potential for extension) Salary range: $66,774 - $79,459 per...
857/19 Placement System Advisor, Placements Hub, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration $101,964 to $110,022 pa Full Time, Ongoing Position Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Austr...
Digital Marketing Officer (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Based in Communications and Marketing located at City West campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 13 December 2019 Salary range: $77,454 - $85,467 per annum (plus super) About the Job We are ...
Animal Ethics Officer (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Based in Research and Innovation Services located at Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract (with potenial for extension) Salary range: $77,454 - $85,467 per annum (plus super...