- Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer: Linux / Unix Specialist to join our systems infrastructure team within Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) unit. The systems infrastructure environment provides the underlying resources for access and identity, shared file systems, corporate systems, data management and disaster recovery. In addition, the team are responsible for the administration and support of core infrastructure applications.
You will have overall technical leadership and responsibility for developing and implementing key strategies and plans to ensure the efficient and secure delivery of Linux and Unix and associated services across the organisation. This technical leadership includes the architectural design, installation, monitoring and maintenance of the University’s entire Linux and Unix environment and for providing it with the appropriate levels of resilience. You will guide senior staff in the design implementation and ongoing management of innovation solutions related to emerging Linux and Unix requirements.
of South Australia (UniSA) is Australia’s University of
Enterprise. We are South Australia’s largest university and one of
the very best young universities in the world. At UniSA, we are
authentic, resilient, and influential - and we deliver results. We
pride ourselves on our dynamic and agile culture, which embraces
challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Plus, we are
committed to the principles of excellence and equity.
Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) has the primary strategic and operational responsibility for the provision of the university’s digital environment and ICT services. ISTS consists of approximately 180 staff in 9 key areas who contribute to UniSA’s strategic goals and objectives and provide University wide ICT support for staff and students.
- Provide high level strategic advice and support on specialist Linux / Unix solutions and technologies
- Responsibility for overseeing the university’s Linux / Unix server environment and ensure best practice processes and automations are in place
- Provide expert recommendations on the adoption of emerging technologies and application to the Linux / Unix environment
- Manage complex projects relevant to Linux / Unix infrastructure, technology and services
- Develop and document standards for building, deploying, maintaining and supporting designated information technologies, services and applications
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive expertise in design, documentation and provision of technical leadership for the architecture of specific technologies associated with Linux / Unix open-source operating systems in both physical and virtualised environments
- Extensive scripting experience in Python, Bash Shell, Ruby, Perl, PHP and Java Script or a related language and orchestration tools like Ansible, Satellite and Puppet
- Knowledge of database such as MSSQL, Oracle or PostgresSQL
- Significant knowledge in automation and configuration technologies, including Ansible, Satellite and Puppet
- Extensive relevant professional information technology experience in systems administration, including the interaction of protocols and services including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and server network configurations
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4430.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 9 October 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer, Electrical Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 22 days ago
Based in UniSA Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 8 December 2023 Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% sup...
Lecturer In Medical Sonography, Academic Level A/B, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Full-time, fixed term contract until 20 November 2025 Commencement Salary: $93,165 (Level A) or $104,838 (Level ...
Innovation Engineer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Two Full time fixed term roles until November 2024 The Innovation Engineer is a key contributor and collaborator at ICT’s TechLab, across a breadth of initiatives including innovation projects for...
Senior Drupal Developer, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job no:511087 Work type:Continuing - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Information and Communications Technology, HEO8 (HEO8) $102,266 to $114,731 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17%...
People Soft Administrator, University of Adelaide, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:511098 Work type:Continuing - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Information and Communications Technology, HEO7 (HEO7) $91,187 to $101,987 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% ...
Mechatronic Engineer, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job no:511078 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, HEO7 (HEO7) $91,187 - $101,989 per annum plus an employer contribution of up t...