Apply now Job no:539123
Location:Flexible, Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood
Categories:Marketing and Communications
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and Fixed-term for 12 months
- HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Web coordinates the management of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment (SEBE)’s public website presence and related digital recruitment channels to support the delivery of marketing and communications strategies and contribute to the effective recruitment of prospective students.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Draw on a diverse range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities, processes and ways of doing things to enhance organisational strategy
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders both inside and outside the University, regularly consult with stakeholders to clarify who requires the information and the purpose for which it is required
- Lead maintenance and support (or brief) uplift of course pages (study area, discipline, course) and course campaign pages on public website
- Lead review and uplift of faculty and school pages on public website. Collaborate with faculty stakeholders to maintain and optimise faculty and school hub content, including authoring in the CMS and Squiz matrix
- Lead eDM content creation and maintenance for the faculty
- Support analytics and reporting for web
- Support the Web Channel Team by actioning faculty related change requests utilising established processes and systems
- Support content development and digital written content (profiles, testimonials, newsroom articles)
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and specialist knowledge or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and content requirements for each digital media channel
- Understanding of website design, UI design principles, and information architecture, usability testing, split testing, web analytics and digital marketing
- Experience in front-end development, including within CMS platforms such as Squiz Matrix and/or WordPress Coding
- Knowledge of HTML, digital WCAG 2.0 standards and website architecture
- Experience designing, developing and implementing bespoke EDM campaigns
- Experience in copywriting and editing content for web purposes
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Web - 539123.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday, June 4th.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Alexandria Lewis, Marketing Manager, SEBE, via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Associate Professor In Department Of Information Systems And Business Analytics, DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 10 days ago
19 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company DEAKIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Ap...
Content Developer/Copywriter, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Content Developer – Student Engagement and Retention Journey Squad Full time position based at our Hawthorn campus Hew 6 Plus 17% Super (TRP) About the Role An exciting opportunity exists for a gu...
Collaboration Applications Evangelist, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Job no:0060176 Location: Parkville Role type: Full time; Continuing Department: Business Services Salary: UOM 7 – $102,338-$110,780 p.a. plus 17% super Be an explorer Growth opportunities abound A...
Digital / Graphic Designer (Indigenous Only), University of Melbourne, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Job no: 0059817 Location: Remote Work; this position can be performed anywhere in Australia Role type: Part time (0.4 FTE); Fixed-term until 30 June 2025 Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Educ...
Digital Media Designer, RMIT University, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based ...
Web Hosting System Administrator, CSIRO, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment. Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation The ...