- Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (effective first pay period after 30 June 2022) (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Specialist to join our sophisticated, multi-disciplinary, cyber security team and contribute to keeping the University’s digital assets safe from unauthorised access.
The Senior Cyber Specialist: Assurance Services will be part of a larger group that is responsible for the comprehensive cyber defence of UniSA’s digital assets. The role has overall technical leadership and responsibility for developing and implementing a proactive and comprehensive program of cyber assurance services activities across the University’s entire IT environment.
You will use your considerable expertise to gather, identify and manage cyber risk, governance, and compliance. Your technical expertise and up to date knowledge of cyber security trends will see you identify risks and work with other key specialists to ensure compliance with cyber security best practice. You will also contribute to the leadership of the team and have operational and project responsibilities to ensure effective cyber security operation and service delivery for the University.
About UniSA Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS)
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. We are South Australia’s largest university and one of the very best young universities in the world. At UniSA, we are authentic, resilient, and influential - and we deliver results. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and agile culture, which embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Plus, we are committed to the principles of excellence and equity.
The Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) team provides primary strategic and operational responsibility for UniSA’s considerable IT infrastructure and services. The Cyber Security team works with a wide range of stakeholders across the University to ensure all staff are aware of cyber security issues and good cybersecurity practice and are storing and managing data in accordance with the University’s data classification policy.
We have a commitment to staff development and provide a professional environment in which to work.
- Lead the design and implementation of a proactive and comprehensive governance, risk, and assurance program of cyber related activities across the University’s entire IT environment
- Ensure compliance, review and enforcement of the UniSA security framework mapping with NIST and ISM for defence-based process
- Preparation of IT cyber compliance reports, key risk indicators and key performance indicator dashboards for management review
- Conduct cyber related audit and compliance activities in order to safeguard the University’s digital environment
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure IT Cyber governance
Essential Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualifications or demonstrated equivalent knowledge, experience and skills and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive experience in cyber security in a complex organisation comparable with the University
- Extensive experience in cyber security governance, risk and compliance and assurance
- Experience in developing policy and provision of advice in relation to cyber security best practice, standards, process, and guidelines in a complex IT environment
- Comprehensive understanding and application of security principles and risk management frameworks
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4208.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 27 June 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Business Development Manager, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 11 days ago
Based in the UniSA Online Unit at the City West campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $104,143 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role The Business Development Mana...
Prospective Student Visa And Gte Compliance Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Full time, continuing Newly created and exciting opportunity for a compliance driven professional Base Salary $91K + 17% superannuation About the opportunity The Sydney Future Students Prospective...
Manager, Student Wellbeing Engagement, University of Sydney, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Fantastic opportunity to support a key work area for the optimal student life experience Base Salary $111,966 to $126,271 + 17% superannuation Full time, continuing position About the opportunity ...
Av Infrastructure Project Coordinator, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
X2 full time 12-month fixed term opportunities available Great opportunity to work on multiple ICT AV projects across the University of Sydney’s substantial fleet of teaching and collaboration spa...
Head Of Internal Communications Marketing And Communications, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Exciting opportunity to lead the internal communications team within the University of Sydney Located on the Camperdown campus Full-time continuing position with an attractive remuneration package...
Foundation Studies Teacher Hourly, RMIT University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam is looking for Foundation Studies (FS) Teachers in Hanoi who has experienced teaching in the following courses Foundation Accounting Law and Society Statistics and Probabili...